TWD: Mouse somewhat unresponsive - OS-X

edited April 2012 in Game Support
Game's looking great, although mouse movement seems a bit buggy.

Between menus the mouse acts as normal, but moving the cursor around while actually playing is very difficult; cursor jitters and doesn't move smoothly. Really struggling to click on what I need to because the cursor's movement is really unresponsive to the actual mouse's movement. Works fine and smoothly in menus, but breaks during the game.

It's a regular USB mouse, and I'm playing on the latest version of OSX on the newest Macbook Pro 13'' model.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    It may be a graphics issue. Check to make sure that stuff is optimized.

If your still having trouble, post your System Specs for me and I can see if its a hardware issue. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Worked fine on my 27" iMac Late 2009 2.8 GHz Core i7 with 16GB RAM & ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Mac OS X 10.7.3
  • edited April 2012
    I'm facing the same issue as OP. The cursor kind of jitters in the direction I'm moving it, not smoothly moving. I thought it was just bad design at first, but...

It's not game breaking but is kind of annoying.
  • edited April 2012
    Again, press ESC while in game and optimize graphics. If that fails, SysSpecs would be much obliged.
  • edited April 2012
    Specs from Apple.com

I realise my graphics capabilities may be a little lacking... but it's odd to think it could be a graphics issue. Otherwise the game runs quite well.

EDIT: I've since optimised the graphics which seems to have resolved the issue. However with graphics optimised, the game now has some issues running smoothly. Hmm...

EDIT: Ended up turning anti-aliasing off and leaving the other graphic settings on high. Game's running alright without the jittery cursor. Will do for now!
  • BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Try shutting down the game, restarting, and reloading your save. This seems to happen mainly inside the drugstore, and mainly after you've already been playing for a while, so a fresh restart of the game might fix this.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm getting the same thing. This is on an 8-core Mac Pro with an ATI Radeon HD 5770. I tried turning down the graphics settings and the mouse is still jittery. It's fine in the menus though. Note that this is also with two different mice. One is bluetooth and the other is USB.

Update: Changed from full-screen to windowed mode and the mouse is smooth now. Not ideal but at least it doesn't feel like Lee has arthritis.
  • edited April 2012
    BTW, I keep getting crashes when quitting the game. Is there a place I should send the crash reports?
  • edited April 2012
    I actually find the mouse quite sluggish on a PC too. I've tried to increase the mouse sensitivity, but it doesn't seem to really help...
This discussion has been closed.