Unable to Authenticate/Activate games (Mac)

edited April 2012 in Game Support
I felt the need to create another thread, because the last one I had got taken over by people complaining about the Walking Dead getting delayed.

I recently bought the Walking Dead preorder/Almost Everything combo. I have downloaded and installed many of the games. But whenever I try to launch them, all I get is a page with background art, and a bunch of blank buttons and text fields. Since the text fields won't accept any input, I am unable to login and authorize my games.

I am not the 1st Mac user to experience this, here are some of the threads I've found discussing the same problem, or a very similar one. None of the threads I've read contain any effective answer from a Telltale employee, most of them don't even have a single response from a Telltale employee.

Here's one.

Another.

And Another.

It upsets me greatly that this is a problem that has existed for a few years and has not been officially addressed by Telltale.

In addition to my recent forum posts, I also sent in a handful of emails to the support email address. I have received 1 automated response, and one personal response advising me to try something I had already tried.

I understand that Telltale is having some big server issues, and are probably using all their resources to get those fixed, but this is a problem that appears to have been around since 2010, and should have been addressed by now.

I really want to play the games I bought. I request that this thread get acknowledged by a Telltale employee, and that I am given the solution to my problem, or, if no solution currently exists, an indication that a solution is being worked out.

Thank you, and please respond soon.

-Tim D

[Some more info on my situation:

Issue number I was given in the auto-response email: [issue-58120]

My computer specs:

Mac
OS X 10.7.3
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6630 256mb

Some of the things I've tried:
- "Turn off firewall/antivirus" (My firewall has been off the whole time, I don't have any anti virus programs)
- "Turn wifi off, try offline activation" (Problem persists, text fields remain empty, buttons stay blank)
- "Run the game from the Terminal" (Did nothing)
- "Reinstall/Redownload" (First thing I did, have tried it many times since)
- "Cry" (Almost...)
- "Change permissions/Try as Admin/convert file in disk utility" (None of that worked)

And pretty much everything else mentioned in the older threads I linked to. ]

Comments

• edited April 2012
    This happened to me a year ago while I was still in undergraduate; it had to do with the fact that I was on a closed school server.

Check to see if you have a firewall or are running on a college campus internet system/
  • edited April 2012
    Some of the things I've tried:
    - "Turn off firewall/antivirus" (My firewall has been off the whole time, I don't have any anti virus programs)
    - "Turn wifi off, try offline activation" (Problem persists, text fields remain empty, buttons stay blank)
    - "Run the game from the Terminal" (Did nothing)
    - "Reinstall/Redownload" (First thing I did, have tried it many times since)
    - "Cry" (Almost...)
    - "Change permissions/Try as Admin/convert file in disk utility" (None of that worked)

As I stated before, my firewall is off, and I am on my home wifi network, which, I can assure you, has no special protection on it.

Thanks for the reply, but I think the issue is more complicated than that.
  • edited April 2012
    So you don't feel like you are being ignored-

I have seen your reply and do what I can. No guarantees, though. I'll let you know if I can find something for you. I'll uninstall my games and reinstall them under the new launcher and see if I can't find a workaround.

However, it's almost midnight in California and I need some sleep. It'll be a day or two before I can give you the results. Is this acceptable?
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the help, man. I really appreciate it! :)

Although, it seems like this problem has occurred several times before, even a couple of years ago, and has yet to receive any kind of official fix from Telltale. I like Telltale, but if they advertise their games as PC/Mac, they should really stop ignoring people like me. As I said, I've only received 1 personal response via email, and NO acknowledgment on my forum posts.

At least I got to play The Walking Dead, thanks to that Steam key they gave us. That cheered me up a great deal.

Well, I better go to bed too. Thanks again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.