Just bought Sam&Max Episode I but all I get is a big CRASH !!!

edited June 2007 in Game Support
Hi!
sorry, but i've already asked this in another thread, i didn't know how to move the thread, so i copied it.
when trying to start the game after a logo-splash screen appears, the game just crashes the computer very badly.
I get a blue screen with some errors that lasts for half a second and then the computer reboots. i am really dissatisfied with this because i just spend some money on the game!
i've read carefully through the requirements, and the computer should be able to run the game, it's a p4 2000mhz, 1024mb ram, nvidia geforce 440 go 64m chip and enough disk-space. damn, i should have tried the demo.
is there anything i can do to get the game running?
and if not, how can i get my money back?
thanks for help or ideas!!! we wanted to play this game this evening and are really unhappy now!!

Comments

• edited May 2007
    what i have already tried (with no changes at all):

- updated directx to 9.0c
    - changing hardware acceleration on the sound tab in dxdiag to 'none' or to 'full'
    - updating the graphics card driver is not possible because it is a laptop and only the manufacturers driver does work and the latest version is already installed.

is it possible to get the money back if nothing works?
  • edited May 2007
    Yes, if the error isn't somehow resolved I'm sure TellTale would give you a refund. I can't speak for them though, but knowing them they would. However, it should be easy to fix. I'll post in your other thread on this.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Did you try updating to the drivers we recommend for Nvidia Geforce 4 cards?

http://www.telltalegames.com/support/#geforce4
This discussion has been closed.