[WD] Unable to progress past connecting

edited January 2013 in Game Support
Hey all, I've had quite a few issues with this game. First I couldn't launch it, but I fixed that by disabling desktop composition. Since doing that I have made it to the main menu on several occasions. However I quit the game to go prepare a salad for my bearded dragon (useless bit of information I know) and now I am unable to get past the click to play bit, it just gets stuck on connecting. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I'm having the exact same issue. I can't find a fix anywhere.
  • edited April 2012
    I did, but I restarted my pc and it fixed it.
  • edited April 2012
    I have the same issue. Yesterday the game worked perfectly for me, but when I tried to play it today, it got stuck on connecting after I pressed "click to play." I tried restarting my computer as well as un-installing and re-installing the game, but I am still unable to connect. pretty annoying...
  • edited April 2012
    restarted steam no luck..

validation check did nothing lol
  • edited April 2012
    I just bought the game and tried booting it for the first time on Mac OS X and have the same issue. I have extremely fast internet. Can someone tell me why I am forced to connect to the internet to play a single-player game that I've already downloaded?

As a first-time customer of Telltale Games, this does not bestow confidence in the brand or make me interested in buying any other of their products. Please fix this.

This reminds me of the time I had to pirate Spore to actually play it. Constant reminders of why DRM is almsot always a terrible idea.
  • edited April 2012
    Same problem. Connecting... *sigh*
  • edited April 2012
    I was having this problem, I fixed it by making the game executable run as an administrator in privilege level. Here's how to do it:

Find the file WalkingDead101.exe either by searching for it or going to your steam folder (usually Program Files->Steam), then going to steamapps->common->the walking dead. Once the file has been found, right click and choose properties then select the compatibility tab. At the bottom under privilege level check the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator'.

This is what I did and the next time I tried to run the game it connected in seconds.
  • edited April 2012
    I was having this problem, I fixed it by making the game executable run as an administrator in privilege level. Here's how to do it:

Find the file WalkingDead101.exe either by searching for it or going to your steam folder (usually Program Files->Steam), then going to steamapps->common->the walking dead. Once the file has been found, right click and choose properties then select the compatibility tab. At the bottom under privilege level check the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator'.

This is what I did and the next time I tried to run the game it connected in seconds.

Tried it. No worky for me. :-( Connecting...
  • edited April 2012
    i always run as admin and have no other user profile on my pc and all i dine between my first playthrough was a gpu driver update lol and other steam games portal1/2 bttf still work fine..

took a few secs but yay success !

THANKS 'Bilbo' baggins the corrupt :D

fancy that...but when i clsed the game and re tried back to the way it was ?!

zimlanfire did you do it with steam active or the game running ?

try restarting steam after the ticky boxy :P
  • edited April 2012
    ZimLanfire wrote: »
    Tried it. No worky for me. :-( Connecting...

Same plus the two times I played during cut scenes things would freeze a lot and I have a pretty nice computer with 8GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 6800 and lets not forget Sandy Bridge i5 plus the game is fine when I'm in move click portions one cut scene at Clementine's house crashed the game and all I heard were grunting sounds
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, can't get past connecting. I posted in the support thread. I tried everything I could, every suggestion - restarting everything, reinstalling, etc. Nothing.
    This sucks.
  • edited April 2012
    Running as administrator is not working for me either. I was able to play completely fine yesterday...
  • edited April 2012
    yo armand do you post on the gears of war blog/community post ?
    i seen an 'armand' on there
  • edited April 2012
    Same here. I was playing for a bit earlier. Now I have restarted steam, restarted computer but still getting a continuous connecting message. Disappointing.
  • edited April 2012
    @TellTaleGames This is pretty weak, guys. This is a single-player game, which I can't play, because of some "Connecting..." nonsense?

Honestly, that's pretty pathetic. If we can't connect to get gameplay stats or news, fine. But we should be able to play the game that we paid for.

Hell, I was playing it not half an hour ago, and now it doesn't work.
  • edited April 2012
    I also played yesterday with 0 issues, now I don't past from "connecting" and is no my PC, I have all drivers updated and have a PC that can handle every game with no sweat...

8 GB RAM DDR3 @1600MHz
    GTX580
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 @3.4GHz

Restarted Steam (I bought it there), restarted PC, uninstalled and reinstalled game, and still connecting...
  • edited April 2012
    That issue should be resolved now.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »

Thanks man, it's already working!!!
  • edited April 2012
    feel free to tell us what it was Mike ;) ;) please ?

and after i did a restart LoL....

works for me too WOOHOO
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »

Not resolved.

I just purchased the game on steam and launched it for the first time and I get stuck at 'Connecting...' every time. I've restarted, re-installed the game, etc. I have a monster of a gaming PC and a super-fast internet connection. There's no reason why this problem would be on my end. I created an account on this forum just so that I could reply to this thread.

What's the deal? I'd like to play the game I just purchased. Any way I can get a refund?
  • edited April 2012
    Got my Steam key, put it in, even played for about 18 mins. Then it locked up. Now when I try to get back in I can't get past the "connecting" prompt.. WTF man?
  • edited January 2013
    So is there any magic solution so far?

I have just purchased this game and i am getting stuck at "Connecting"

It does however gets resolved when i disconnect my network cable and i am able to play. But that is not acceptable because i do need internet while i do still play.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    perilomo wrote: »
    So is there any magic solution so far?

I have just purchased this game and i am getting stuck at "Connecting"

It does however gets resolved when i disconnect my network cable and i am able to play. But that is not acceptable because i do need internet while i do still play.

I don't know any perfect solution. What platform are you playing on?
  • edited July 2013
    Just today bought this in the Steam sales.

Hit the same issue - game gets stuck 'Connecting' on front end.

The solution above from corruptbiggins fixed it for me.

- Browse to folder where game is installed.
    - Right click exe - go to compatibility.
    - Tick run as administrator.
    - Start game

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.