Minor bug in Episode 6?

edited June 2007 in Game Support
After Max has
been split
, he no longer asks 'where are we going Sam' when they get in the car, but Sam does still answer as if he did ask it?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    There's a couple of bugs with the split Max. If you ask for hints, and you choose the hint "How do I get 100 trillion dollars," he answers in the Maniac Max voice instead of the Hugh Bliss Max. Also, if you click on the bathroom in Bosco's, he has the same two-hand-doorknob-grabbing animation even though he has only one hand. I suppose Telltale games weren't thorough on that one part.
  • edited May 2007
    wdotica wrote: »
    There's a couple of bugs with the split Max. If you ask for hints, and you choose the hint "How do I get 100 trillion dollars," he answers in the Maniac Max voice instead of the Hugh Bliss Max. Also, if you click on the bathroom in Bosco's, he has the same two-hand-doorknob-grabbing animation even though he has only one hand. I suppose Telltale games weren't thorough on that one part.

ya, that happened alot. Whenever max supposed to talk like hugh bliss,
    he talked like regular max. You cant blame telltale for that. Do you relize how many more Recordings they would have to do to make max sound like hugh bliss ALL the time?
  • edited May 2007
    Edapixrex wrote: »
    ya, that happened alot. Whenever max supposed to talk like hugh bliss,
    he talked like regular max. You cant blame telltale for that. Do you relize how many more Recordings they would have to do to make max sound like hugh bliss ALL the time?

That's only if you want him to reply the same amount of text in Huge Bliss mode :) He could just be 'oh joy brother Sam' all the time ;-)

I do like other attention to detail though, esp. with the car :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, there are some points when the Max lines don't work quite as well as they should. That's what willing suspension of disbelief is for. :D
  • edited May 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Yeah, there are some points when the Max lines don't work quite as well as they should. That's what willing suspension of disbelief is for. :D

Oh sure, it's no problem just thought you might want to fix for the retail disk ?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    It's not something we'd easily be able to fix, since it would require getting Max's voice actor back into the studio.
  • edited May 2007
    Alriiight, I'll fill in for Max's voice actor to help the voice switching issue.... if I really must.... :P

(on-topic: I like to think of Max's voice switching back and forth as a sign that his insanity is too strong to be blissified, so it only partially worked on him)
  • edited May 2007
    Also, it still beats Oblivion. If one talks to a begger or a nutcase in Shivering Isles, they will talk with a strange voice when you ask them about topics only they have. But if you ask them about general stuff like rumors suddenly they sound completely different, and you just sit there and wonder if they took a sane pill or something... just sounds so weird. Anyway, many adventure games got similar problems, especially if you play the game in another order that it was originally intended - for example, if you pick up stuff before you were supposed to pick it up. Suddenly everybody acts like you already know stuff they haven't told you yet.
  • edited June 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Alriiight, I'll fill in for Max's voice actor to help the voice switching issue.... if I really must.... :P

(on-topic: I like to think of Max's voice switching back and forth as a sign that his insanity is too strong to be blissified, so it only partially worked on him)

I see another contest coming on. Choose a random bug in the game and create a plausible back story to cover for that bug!

;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited June 2007
    Max says (on subtitles):
    You can teleport cuban dicators?
This discussion has been closed.