The Walking Dead: Very choppy, almost unplayable

edited May 2012 in Game Support
I have a standard i7 processor, a gtx 560, and 8 gigs of ram, my computer can handle the game fine. yet It's choppy in every scene, and breaks immersion entirely. Is there anything i can do?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I had same problem and read elsewhere (i forget where) a line about changing the shadow setting. I changed mine from high to low and it fixed the choppiness. Hope it helps you too.
  • edited April 2012
    Na I tried that already, also tried deactivating antialiasing but that didn't help either
  • edited April 2012
    Same problem for me. The only thing that worked was playing in windowed mode which sucks. I'm quite displeased.
  • edited April 2012
    Have you turned everything down to the lowest levels and see if that works?

I'm sorry, but that is all I got.
  • edited April 2012
    Well someone stated that putting the shadows on low solves some problems.
  • edited April 2012
    Yes playing in windowed mode seems to fix the problems while being able to keep the settings on maximum. Yet playing in windowed mode sucks.
  • edited May 2012
    Make sure that you have installed the latest version of graphic card drivers as well as DirectX on your system and see whether it helps you out or not.
  • edited May 2012
    cjones2 wrote: »
    I have a standard i7 processor, a gtx 560, and 8 gigs of ram, my computer can handle the game fine. yet It's choppy in every scene, and breaks immersion entirely. Is there anything i can do?

Do you have anything running in the background, like antivirus etc? I have an I7, GTX 560 and 4GB of RAM and the game runs flawlessly. I'm disabling anything unnecessary like Kaspersky, which causes game problems every time it updates. I've found that disabling Windows Aero frees up a lot of CPU cycles as well. Hope that helps..
This discussion has been closed.