mac

edited May 2012 in Game Support
Hello,

I juste bought the complete sam and max and it seems that only the second part can run on mac. Is it possible to correct that purchase : only buy the part that's available on mac and have a refund for the other part ? For the moment I have download it and going to wait for your answer to do it.
Thank you.

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2012
    The Sam & Max Complete Collection is sold as a whole for $39.95.
    If you only want the two seasons that work on Mac (seasons 2 & 3), you would have to but them separately and that would cost you over $60 ($64.98 to be precise).
  • edited May 2012
    Ok thanks for your answer. I didn't check the separated prize and was juste disappointed when I found out that I couldn't play the first season. Do you plan to release it for mac one day ? And so If I find a friend with a PC interested in the first season can I download it on his computer ?

I have another ( a last ) question : I saw in my download pages a link for the first episode of Back to the future, which I didn't purchase. Is it a bonus for having bought several complete games or is it an error ?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Telltale's original plan when they started developing games for Mac was to release Mac versions of Tales of Monkey Island, the two Sam & Max seasons, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and Wallace & Gromit (the plan was even to release them all before the end of 2010).
    However, Telltale got sidetracked with new projects (Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Puzzle Agent, Hector, The Walking Dead, Poker Night at the Inventory, Law & Order and other as-of-yet-unreleased, but already announced games such as Fables and King's Quest) and platforms (since they started releasing games for Mac, they have also started to support iOS devices and PS3) and not much has been heard about Mac versions of Sam & Max's first season and Wallace & Gromit since.
    While you cannot give your game to a friend, there are ways to make it run on your Mac (Wine, CrossOver, Bootcamp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion).
    I personally played the first season of Sam & Max on my Mac via CrossOver Games (now integrated in CrossOver) with no problems whatsoever.
    As for the Back to the Future episode that appeared on your "Games" page, several forum members mentioned the same thing happening to them. I'm not sure if it's an error or a gift, but when the Back to the Future game was released, the first episode was made available for free to purchasers of the Blu Ray disc of the movie (and possibly to other people).
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks very much for your very precise and helpful answer !
This discussion has been closed.