Walking Dead OS X - Pointer stays on screen

edited March 2013 in Game Support
Hey guys,

I've recently bought The Walking Dead for OS X and I must say, it looks and plays awesome.
Just one really annoying problem. My native mouse pointer stays on screen for the entire game, which looks like crap and is really distracting.
The game plays smoothly without any errors, but I have to get rid of this pointer.

Does anyone have the same problem, or have any idea how to get rid of this problem?

Specs:
Macbook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz Intel i7
4 GB
OS X Lion 10.7.3
Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Thanks in advance,

Jordy Licht
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I agonized for a long time over this after encountering the problem shortly after buying the game. Finally what fixed it was turning off "full screen" mode while playing the game, then turning it back on again.
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've recently bought The Walking Dead for OS X and I must say, it looks and plays awesome.
    Just one really annoying problem. My native mouse pointer stays on screen for the entire game, which looks like crap and is really distracting.
    The game plays smoothly without any errors, but I have to get rid of this pointer.

Does anyone have the same problem, or have any idea how to get rid of this problem?

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz Intel i7
    4 GB
    OS X Lion 10.7.3
    Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Thanks in advance,

Jordy Licht
    - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • edited March 2013
    Experiencing the same issue: No go with the Full Screen off-on fix. The screen bumped immediately back up to full screen without removing the native pointer.

I've had it turn on and remove the pointer fine, and other times not. I used to have better success by booting up the game and not touching the mouse until the main screen came up. That stopped working for the other day. No matter how many times I reboot, the native mouse disappears during bootup, and then as soon as I move my mouse once the main screen comes up the native pointer returns.

This continues into gameplay. It's especially annoying because the mouse doesn't move at the same rate as the in-game pointer when you have control of such. THe native pointer waggles around closer to the center of the screen which distracts from what I would otherwise describe a great art style for this game.

Any other fixes out there?
  • edited March 2013
    Fix found (at least, so far through 3 separate tests).

I liked the idea of going full screen off-on but it didn't work. It barely caused my computer to resize the image at all so for whatever reason that failed to remove the cursor. But your idea got me thinking about forcing the computer to do some work to re-render the entire image (and hopefully remove the pointer).

I dropped the resolution down while keeping full screen on and then brought it back up to full resolution for my screen. Nary an extra pointer in sight. Now if only I had discovered this before I had to get back to work.

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.