TWD doesn't save

edited June 2012 in Game Support
Hello

I'm having a problem with the autosaves. As long as I don't exit the game the saves are there, but when I exit to the desktop they disappear and I have to play through the game from the beginning. Using Win 7 Ultimate 64-bits, and the game runs through Steam. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    ...anyone?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2012
    If you open
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    in the Windows explorer, do you see the .save files?
  • edited May 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    If you open
    in the Windows explorer, do you see the .save files?

Yes. I tried deleting the saves that was there to see if some of them were corrupt. Will try playing again.
  • edited June 2012
    Ok, so that didn't help. Now episode 2 is out and when I try to play that it asks if I want to randomly generate content from skipped episodes - so TWD doesn't acknowledge that I've played through episode 1.

When I look here:

...I see 12 savegames, but when I launch the game it doesn't see them.

I realise this thread is old, but I thought I'd continue here instead of starting up a new one. Please help.

/Stegfel
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having a similar problem... Except my game doesn't even return to the saved spit even if you stayed in the game... It always returns to the beginning of episode one, even if you just pause the game.

I'm on 64-Bit Windows 7, too.
  • edited June 2012
    MrKain wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem... Except my game doesn't even return to the saved spit even if you stayed in the game... It always returns to the beginning of episode one, even if you just pause the game.

I'm on 64-Bit Windows 7, too.

I'm was having the same problem earlier today. I exited the game, renamed the folder C:\Docs & Settings\%username%\My Docs\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead, restarted the PC then launched the game. My saves from EP1 are gone (of course) but I was able to play all the way through EP2 & pause on occasion without it kicking me back to the intro of EP1. I have not tried to luanch the last save game simply out of frustration. I wasted over 6 hours playing over & over this morning so at this point I honestly don't want to know.

I posted in the other save glitch thread here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30754
  • edited June 2012
    I tried the same thing, and though it creates saves, it constantly kicks me back to the beginning, which autosaves over the last save.
  • edited June 2012
    Sadly enough despite the workarounds people have been suggesting. What started as my Episode 2 constantly starting over/not saving. Turned into all my saves not showing up now. :(

None of the suggested workarounds seem to help for me. And I've tried multiple ways and tested with multiple different saves I've made. Just seems I'll have to start from the very beginning again sometime...whats concerning is last time I did that, and I had to take a break, obviously it never kept my save.

Heres to hoping Telltale has something to help with this eventually. >.< What I played of Episode 2 was great and would love to finish it. :(
This discussion has been closed.