100 C64 games in 10 minutes! :)

edited June 2007 in General Chat
Well.. I decided to make one featuring C64 games as well :)
I'm not completely satisfied with this one though as I'd just finished making the Amiga one before starting on this one and I got very sick of making this thing almost instantly.. I was a little burnt out after the Amiga one I guess. So I got a little impatient with this one.
It's still decent though, hopefully some of you will enjoy it at least ;)

Here's the link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2gK1MPgh8

Comments

• edited June 2007
    In both videos i disliked the sound you've choosen and somehow missed quite some classics but nevertheless it was quite fun to watch it.
  • edited June 2007
    There will always be classics left out, that's pretty much unavoidable with the amount of classic games out there.

The sound is a matter of taste.. personally I think the music is awesome and very fitting. In fact I just ordered the CD (Instant Remedy if anyone wonders). I really like their remixes of C64 tunes.. the remixes in this video are from Flimbo's Quest and Commando.. and the third tune I'm not sure where is from but from the title (Game On (Issue 0989)) it sounds like it came on some magazine coverdisk or something? I have no idea.
  • edited June 2007
    I think you had some games inside which did not made it for a classic on those platforms and left out true classics instead. Music of course is a matter of taste but for me there is too much boom boom there. The music is too much in the forground and somehow disturbs the mood for me.

How long did it take you to make those videos?
  • edited June 2007
    Cool video, but those were some depressingly ugly games! But how could you miss out Paperboy!
  • edited June 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    I think you had some games inside which did not made it for a classic on those platforms and left out true classics instead. Music of course is a matter of taste but for me there is too much boom boom there. The music is too much in the forground and somehow disturbs the mood for me.

How long did it take you to make those videos?
    It took quite some time to record all those games.. I don't know exactly how long but it was a lot of work.

Also, almost all of the games are taken from the top 100 list on Lemon64 so most of these games are classics for a lot of people. So if I'd left out some of these games, others would've complained that I left out those classics :)
  • edited June 2007
    Taumel, I might do a revised version.. I still have all the clips on my harddrive so it would be easy to remake the video and replace some games.

Please give me a list of all the absolute classics I left out - however, keep in mind that they must be at least a little cool to look at.. games like Alter Ego I left out because it's just text and is not very good for a video like this.
  • edited June 2007
    Hmm, i guess it would take some while to think about the best and/or most remarkable games for each platform but i was really missing some obvious stuff in there.

So just out of the stomach for the amiga... Mind Walker, Firepower, Archon, Guild of Thieves, Marble Madness, Elite, The Sentinel, Buggy Boy, Dungeon Master, Rock'n'Roll, The Bard's Tale, Tower of Babel, Carrier Command, Winter Games, Silkworm, Portal, Twintris, Gauntlet, Deluxe Galaga, Cadaver, Flood, Millennium2.2, Shanghai, ...

...and i'm sure if you really think about it there would be even more. ;O)

And also a few for C64... GI Joe, Pogo Joe, Beach Head I & II, Drelbs, The Bard's Tale III, Matchpoint, Zeppelin, Spelunker, Rock'n'Bolt, Master of the Lamps, Shamus, Elite, Flip Flop, Ultima II-IV, Up'n'Down, Mr. Robot, Le Mans, Jammin, Pharao's Curse...
  • edited June 2007
    I thought I saw Archon in there along with Buggy Boy and winter games.

I'd say it's a quite nice mix. Knew most of the games in there. Again selection is a matter of personal taste but I'd say you got around a lot.
  • edited June 2007
    Another C64 game i really enjoyed was Realm of Impossibility. Fantastic two player game from the days when Electronic Arts did not suck.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.