Law and Order Problem

edited June 2012 in Game Support
Hi the game has worked fin for me but just recently the game is stuck at the main menu doing the thing it calls checking episodes states. And dose this forever and i can't play the game. I have tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Same thing happened to me. Not sure how to fix it...:confused:
  • edited May 2012
    that makes 3 of us then :(
    i got the exact same problem....just bought it and cant even play
  • edited May 2012
    same here :|
  • edited May 2012
    And now five...I actually had this before, but after restarting my computer it worked again. Unfortunately now it's getting stuck again and no amount of rebooting will help...
  • edited May 2012
    maybe someone will get to us....i dont see any other thread thats in support that can aid us
  • edited May 2012
    Same thing for me on the iPad version. Just checking for episode states. Noticed I can't do in app purchases from other telltale games. Dunno if it's connected.
  • edited May 2012
    so ipad and pc have the same prob
    coming up on 24 hrs since the thread started, TT didnt waste time taking the payment lol
  • edited May 2012
    Same problem here on the PC. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, once keeping saves and once deleting them. No change
  • edited May 2012
    paid for this game what is the company gonna do about it. got shit games for my money wanted law and order for what i paid. how do i get my money back!
  • edited May 2012
    still no responce about this problem? :(
  • edited May 2012
    well i have to work thenext 2 days so maybe theyll get to by then
  • edited May 2012
    both my iphone (5.1.1) and ipad (5.0.1) are doing the same thing, crashing on "checking episode states".
    this was working until recently, do you guys have a fix coming out for this? its not like a .99 cent throwaway game you can just ignore if there's a problem. this thing was expensive!
  • edited May 2012
    I got the same problem as well. Uninstalled then reinstalled, adjusted the UAC, firewall, anything possibly imaginable but still got the same problem.
  • edited May 2012
    I'm having a similar problem. I start the game, it gets to the main menu and crashes. The problem is definitely on the server end. I tried playing the game in Airplane mode, and it worked fine. I'd do it that way, but I need to download chapters 2-7. Something about connecting to the server is killing it. I'm really PO'ed about this, as I've spent a total of $16 on this bloody game. Either fix it, or give me money back.
  • edited May 2012
    eulcedes wrote: »
    both my iphone (5.1.1) and ipad (5.0.1) are doing the same thing, crashing on "checking episode states".
    this was working until recently, do you guys have a fix coming out for this? its not like a .99 cent throwaway game you can just ignore if there's a problem. this thing was expensive!

AGREED!!! Ignoring this problem isn't going to make it go away. At least pretend you give a toss and tell us that you're "taking the problem very seriously".
  • edited May 2012
    I'm as well having this problem on the PC version from the Walking dead almost everything pack. If I unplug my internet connection I can play the first episode, which will keep me entertained (for a few hours).

EDIT: If you turn off internet connectivity to the iPhone/Pads does it work? I wonder if TTs servers are being overloaded. I downloaded a LOT with the almost everything pack.

EDIT #2: It just worked. I don't know if Telltale fixed something on their end or it's intermittent (i.e. you have to close the game and retry). I'm downloading the rest of the episodes just in case I have to play with the internet off again :)
  • edited May 2012
    Have the same problem too on my Mac.
  • edited May 2012
    Looks like this was a server issue on our end, and should have been cleared up earlier today. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.
  • I am also having same problem on my IPad...any fixes yet? Just purchased few days ago & unable to play :(
  • I just checked it & it's still not cleared up
  • edited June 2012
    same problem with mine is the serve the problem again on your end
This discussion has been closed.