Walking Dead's refusal to start... I've tried everything :/

edited June 2012 in Game Support
Hey all,
I'm new here so I don't know if there have been other people experiencing this with Steam. I bought the game intending for it to start on my PC, which has the following specs:
OS: Windows 7 (up to date, unsure of the update number)
Processor: i5 overclocked to 4.0ghz
Memory: 8 gb RAM
Hard Disk Space: 800+ gb free
Video Card: GTX 570
DirectX®: Direct X 10
Sound: Direct X 10 sound device

It refuses to start after it says preparing to launch. I've tried every tip from the Steam website and this forum, and nothing has worked... Please help?

Christian

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I am still waiting for them to fix the issue from day one:

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2012.4.23.11289, time stamp: 0x4f95e3ff
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
    Faulting process id: 0x1738
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd44b5ba0346a6
    Faulting application path: e:\steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
  • edited June 2012
    I've got the Telltale (non-Steam) version and it's broken too.

I've been waiting for a fix from day one too.

Sad to say, I've been a huge fan and supporter of Telltale since Sam & Max season 1, but this experience (no demo to find out the game was broken on some systems first, no fix for over a month and a half, and no update on if it can/will be fixed!) has really made me lose faith in the company. A real shame, as I hear it's a good game, too (and I've been a TWD fan since the tenth issue came out!)
This discussion has been closed.