Poker Night does not start.

edited January 2013 in Game Support
Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this is the right forum to post technical issues with the game Poker Night at the Inventory that I bought via Steam.
After my purchase of the game via Steam using money in my "Steam Wallet" the game was downloaded and listed in the games "Library" ad it should be.
However, when I try to start the game, nothing happens.
I did try restarting Steam and my computer and launching the game not using Steam, but that did not work.
I tried launching directly from the .exe as administrator and comparability mode, but that was of no use.

I am not sure if it will be of any use, but where is a summary of the hardware in my computer.

AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
4,00 GB RAM
32 bits Windows 7 (service pack 1)
ATI Radeon 2600 Pro video card

Sorry to be of any trouble, but I hope you are able to help me.
If you need any more information concerning the problem, I will be happy to give it.

Yours faithfully,

Michael Steen

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Do you by any chance have LUA for windows installed?
    It creates an environment variable named LUA_PATH, which interferes with Poker Night in a way that looks like what you describe.
  • edited November 2012
    I have an alienware with the requirements to run this game.
    when i launch it from m=y steam library, my screen flashes from black to light gray twice, then it force closes.
    I really want to play this game and get the tf2 items as well so please help.
  • edited December 2012
    I have also just bought and installed this game on my PC and it will not open. I get a "Preparing to launch Poker night at the inventory" and then that box goes away and nothing. I have tried to run this program from the folder as an Admin. I have tried to uninstall and re install. Help!

Windows 8 pro 64bit
    I5 sandy bridge
    8GB 1600 ram
    6870 HD graphics
    1TB HD
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Goldeye wrote: »
    I have also just bought and installed this game on my PC and it will not open. I get a "Preparing to launch Poker night at the inventory" and then that box goes away and nothing. I have tried to run this program from the folder as an Admin. I have tried to uninstall and re install. Help!

Windows 8 pro 64bit
    I5 sandy bridge
    8GB 1600 ram
    6870 HD graphics
    1TB HD

It could just be a windows 8 issue, because TTG's games don't support Windows 8 (yet).
    Nevertheless i recommend trying some of the suggestions from this page's section "4# Poker Night at Inventory Doesn’t Launch – Can’t Start".
  • edited January 2013
    I cannot find the file that we are suppose to delete.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I just did a quick with the TTG Store version in my Win8 VM, and it worked. So it's not necessarily a general Win8 problem.

Where did you buy Poker night?
  • edited January 2013
    on steam... can you copy the directory that you found taht file at?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I don't have the srcds_run. You can try running in compatibility modes and as admin, or other suggestions from the site.
    I don't have anything else i can suggest you at the moment.
  • edited January 2013
    What do you mean when you say " Win8 VM" what does the VM stand for?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Goldeye wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say " Win8 VM" what does the VM stand for?

VM stands for Virtual Machine. I have some Windows installations in VMWare Player for test purposes.
    Poker night does run really slow in any VM though.
This discussion has been closed.