Jurassic Park Saved Games?

edited June 2012 in Game Support
Hello

Have bought new computer (windows 7) but cannot find where my old games saves are?

Or where there located?:confused:

Regards

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2012
    They should be at:
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park The Game
  • edited June 2012
    Hello

Have Copied my save games over, but I cannot replay any episodes?

Can view all unlocked sections, but cannot play any off them? (will not load)

Also the automatic save does not resume?

These all still play on my old computer?

Regads
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Some settings are stored in the registry, and according to this post they need to be transfered as well.

I can't say for sure which ones, but these look like they could be relevant:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPJournal
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPScenario
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPScore1

You could try exporting them using regedit on your old computer, and importing them on the new one.
    I don't know your skill level, therefore a warning: The registry is a place where it's easy to break things if you don't know what you are doing.

EDIT:
    I did some extra work to make it easy and safe to transfer the registry settings.
    All you need to do is log into an admin account and open a command prompt. Then you enter and confirm line by line:
    regedit /e %USERPROFILE%\JPJournal.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPJournal"
    regedit /e %USERPROFILE%\JPScenario.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPScenario"
    regedit /e %USERPROFILE%\JPScore1.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPScore1"

That will export the three registry keys into individual files. Then you can navigate to %USERPROFILE% in the windows explorer and copy the files to your new computer. On the new computer you just need to double click the .reg files and confirm in order to import the settings.
This discussion has been closed.