Sam and MAXX ;)

edited June 2007 in General Chat
"Wait a sec... shouldn't this be in the dedicated Sam and Max sub-forum?" you ask, slightly disinterested in this obviously misplaced (and apperently misspelled) thread. "Oh well" you think "Might as well check and see what its about".

Shortly after you begin perusing through the post though you come to a startling realization: This post isn't about Sam and Max at all.

Dazed as you are from the sudden impact of this new reality, you silently resolve to forge on and continue this unexpectedly perilous journey. Many words pass though your mind in an instant as some un-earthly force seems to drive this new concept into your very soul. "Isz" you mumble in your almost seizure like state, within minutes you are reduced to a crazed rambling madman. Occasionally sense returns to your speech and legible words like "Sam Kieth","The MAXX", "Mr. Gone", "Sarah" and "Crappon inna Hat?" trickle randomly out of your mad rant.

...Eventually it all ends. The madness leaves you and once again you exist calm and centered sitting in front of your computer screen, but the information you absorbed during your odyssey has left you a changed individual.

Okay, thats enough of that, sorry i got a little carried away there. Hopefully the bizzare short story has either sucsessfully conveyed what this post is about (Sam Kieth's "The MAXX) and/or at least sparked your interest in this excellent comic series

...Oh yeah, here is some Sam and Max/The MAXX fan art that i made as one of my entries in the recent MixnMojo contest:
themaxxmnmjf3.th.jpg

Comments

• JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2007
    the maxx was awesome
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    agreed
  • edited June 2007
    The Maxx was great. I wish MTV'd put the animated series out on DVD. I think they released it on VHS back in the day, and for a long while there were VHS rips being sold on DVDs on ebay. I'd love to watch it again legitimately.
  • edited June 2007
    A company is going to be releasing the cartoons on DVD soon, FYI. :) I already forgot the company's name though...
  • edited June 2007
    the comic and cartoon are indeed awesome
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    A company is going to be releasing the cartoons on DVD soon, FYI. :) I already forgot the company's name though...

The rumored company in question is Shout! Factory.
  • edited June 2007
    Very cool to know :D A DVD with extras and concept art would be ridiculously amazing. I always hoped they would go back and finish up the series as there is sooo much more story to tell, but since its been over a decade i have to admit its extremely unlikely. The Shout! factory seems to be doing some great things with old shows so maybe there is a possibility of deleted scenes etc. :D

In the last month or so i have been re-filling my Maxx collection :D . I managed to get a copy of the VHS release on a "Buy It Now" for about 30$ US (the same seller had another copy up for auction that ended just shy of 60$ US) and the Trade paperbacks so i can take it easy on what comics i still have left (Book 1 is the original Image release and books 2-5 are from the 2003 wildstorm/DC release).

Needless to say the hours i spent neck deep in the world of the maxx during the last while was the inspiration for the max/MAXX drawing :p
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah, I'm glad to see SHOUT! may be involved here. Better odds for a proper release that way.
    glo_kidd wrote: »
    ...and the Trade paperbacks so i can take it easy on what comics i still have left...

I never knew there was a TPB or collection of the Maxx sold, but I'd love to try and pick one up too. Is there a name to the collection, or a good place to look online for info? Basic searches of ebay for "maxx collection" "maxx trade", etc come up with nothing.
  • edited June 2007
    there are multiple releases of the trade paperback This seller offers the five books of the main story, there is also a sixth volume but it really has little to no relevance to the story directly, it collects the "friends of The MAXX" series

Individually the TPB's are also available on ebay. I had some luck with "The maxx tpb"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.