Walking Dead Episode 2 Xbox (not working)

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I download the newest DLC for the walking dead episode 2.
now when i go into the game my save no longer comes up but says I have to start a new game, which I could live with even though my save still exists
I then went to episode 2 which says I have purchased it but continues to say get and bring up the download prompt. I have tried deleting and re downloading but I still cant play it at all
any words of wisdom?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Just adding that I'm having this exact same problem. Ep 2 worked fine for the gamertag that purchased it, but it doesn't let the other tags on the console play or show their saves.
  • edited June 2012
    I cant play the game. It says i have to purchase it when i already did. Help!!
  • edited June 2012
    I download the newest DLC for the walking dead episode 2.
    now when i go into the game my save no longer comes up but says I have to start a new game, which I could live with even though my save still exists
    I then went to episode 2 which says I have purchased it but continues to say get and bring up the download prompt. I have tried deleting and re downloading but I still cant play it at all
    any words of wisdom?

I have had the same issue since release. I downloaded Episode 2 on the marketplace, then let it download to my harddrive and booted the game, and when i go into 'play' 'episode 2', it says iv'e purchsed it, but tells me to 'get' and i try to redownload the content and it still won't work. Also when i try to play episode 1 it doesnt recognize my save file, which is completed. i tried deleting the vanilla game and dlc, kepping my save file in cloud, then redownloaded, but same problem. Need advice please as i don't want to have wasted the 400 points. Thank you.
  • edited June 2012
    Hello. Have you looked into the problem people are having with accessing the game? I bought the game and downloaded it, but i cant play it. When i boot up the game, it just says "get" in the episode menu even though it also says i have purchased it. I have tried deleting it and redownloaded it, but nothing helps. I wont even load my save game. I can only choose new game.

Xbox 360 version. Any help would be apperciated. Its frustrating to say the least. Thanks
  • edited June 2012
    Having the same problem. Deleted all , cleared cache and even started episode one again. Nothing is letting me play episode 2 and my game saves not there even though it's on my hard drive. Don't even think anyone from telltale are even bothering about this. Very disappointing has to be said.
  • edited June 2012
    Ya I tried again this morning, not happening.
    I am starting to get frustrated cause I really
    Like part 1. Need help from a Dev. Ideally.
    Maybe this isn't the right forum?

Help Telltell please.
  • edited June 2012
    Starting to see why episode 2 is called starved for help lol. Still not working for me. Haven't A clue whats up with it. I've about giving up with it. Thing is I think it's happened to quite a few folk.
  • edited June 2012
    I PreOrdered the walking Dead Arcade Game for Xbox 360 on the Website, and now on Xbox Live it is wanting me to pay to be able to Download the 2nd Episode for me to be able to Play it, and I don't think that I should need to pay for it again when I already have Paid for the Full Game, so please if someone in Support please help me figure out this whole thing, please, thank you very much.

Christopher R. Davis
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I downloaded episode 2 and started to play it. When I started the game again, it doesn't recognize my save game (which is on the xbox harddrive) and will still continually ask me to "get" the purchased episode 2. I have also already tried clearing my cache and deleting and redownloading both the game (ep. 1) and the episode 2 DLC, but this hasn't worked for me, either.
  • edited June 2012
    @ Rick grimes.

How much did u preorder the game for originally,
    Because I thInk u bought the base game but
    Every episode is an additional 400 Microsoft points.
    So the preorder might not cover dlc.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Are you sure you're playing from the same profile that you played the first episode from?
  • edited June 2012
    Hi,

This isn't something that popped up during the testing process, and I haven't been able to reproduce it. For any of you having issues accessing Episode 2, are you certain you have enough free space on your device to complete the download? Are you saving it to the hard drive or to a USB device?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for replying mike. I have enough space available, its the same account, same profile, same hdd and the same console. I have tried every possible way of deleting, downloading and every other trick others have suggested. Nothing helps. It simply says 'get' new episode altough it also says that its already purchased. And as i said in my previous post, i can now only start a new game. It doesnt load my save games. I checked the storage option on the xbox menu: i have episode one downloaded (listed as an arcade game), my save game and episode two(listed as dlc). Everything appears as it should in other words.

I have never expierenced anything like this before on xbox live. Thank you again for looking into it. As it stands now, i've bought a game i cant play
  • edited June 2012
    Yes, I purchased both episodes on the same gamertag. I'm using the gamertag, while signed in. So, I should have both the console license and the profile license on the xbox I am using. I tried another xbox while signed into xbox live on my account that had purchased both pieces of content, redownloaded the episodes, and it worked fine. Unfortunately, MY xbox still isn't working with it.

On my xbox, I'm using a 360 S that has about 60 gb of space remaining, and the content is saved to the hard drive rather than the installed memory unit or a USB device. I also have tried moving the save file to the memory unit, and then to the cloud storage, but the save still did not show up nor was episode 2 available to play (just "get") on the console that isn't working.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes same gamertag, and I'm saving it to my hard drive which has 90 gigabytes.free space. As the others say it's acknowledging the purchase but keeps asking for a redownload.

Thank you for your time Michael
  • edited June 2012
    Just in case this helps, I bought and downloaded the episodes onto the HD of the same console (250gig elite with about 30gig free space) and used the same gamertag for both.
    Thanks!
  • edited June 2012
    Well, not exactly the same problem. Whenever I try to run episode 2, the game just crashes and I'm sent back to the XMB. I have plenty of memory space. All three of my saves are filled, if that matters. It's the same profile I bought it on, and installed it on.
  • edited June 2012
    I have been trying different things and i've found a temporary fix that works for me at least. Load the game, at the press start screen, sign out your profile, then after an 'ol you cant do that message, sign back in. In my case, the save game suddenly appeared and i could select it. I still had to choose get episode and download it, but thankfully that took only a few seconds seeing as i already have it on my hdd. Then i returned an played the episode!

However: when i exited the game i had to do the first part of the process once more(sign out, then back in), but not the get episode part.

This is of course not a great solution, and telltale is hopefully working on a fix. But i can now play it at least.

Hope this works for the rest of you as well so that you can play it!

Fingers crossed for a fix and a quick reply from telltale regarding this strange and unfortunate bug/glitch or whatever this is...
  • edited June 2012
    Still trying to nail down what might be causing this, because we haven't been able to reproduce it.

What region are you all currently playing in? Is the account you used to purchase the game in the same region that you're currently playing in?
  • edited June 2012
    I'm playing and live in Ontario, Canada.
  • edited June 2012
    Everything is in the U.S. for me.
  • edited June 2012
    Gonna try L trains glitch fix when I get home from work( 6am eastern), I will report back then.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm from Norway. Downloaded it here and playing it here as well.

A bit more info about the glitch-fix: after the sign out sign in, i chose play game(not download content) where happily my save game was back, then i had to right click to get to episode two. (this is normal i think, and as i said, after the first time i didn't have to get the episode again)

I dont know if this additional info was helpful or confusing but good luck and hopefully it works for all of you
  • edited June 2012
    ya L-trains quick fix work. omg thanks so much dude. i recommend his advice if u wanna play the dlc now. thing of it is i had to sign out and in like 3 times. so keep trying. yessss!
  • edited June 2012
    Signing out and back in a few times worked for me as well - it finally prompted me asking where my save file was located. Thanks!
  • edited June 2012
    US region/console/gamertag used here.
    I'm glad you all managed to find a workaround, but sadly that fix doesn't help me and my other accounts problem.
    Fingers crossed fixing this glitch isn't put on the back burner now because I'm still desperate to play!
  • edited July 2012
    I am having the same problem. My gf and I downloaded it the day it came out, same xbox, same hard drive, same gamertag, same everything. I've purchased the game, and when I try to hit "A" to play it, it just says get, and takes me to the "purchased" screen and makes me download it again. I have it on my hard drive THREE TIMES and it won't work. Frustrating, seeing as the episode took forever to come out anyways. I would just like to continue this story, and I'm very frustrated that it STILL doesn't work almost a week later.
  • edited July 2012
    And I am in Wisconsin, by the way.
  • edited July 2012
    L Train's method worked for recovering my save file, but it keeps saying "get" when I try and play two. Saaaaaaaaaad >:(
  • edited July 2012
    L-Trains method worked for me!!
  • edited July 2012
    I've been having problems as well, although with mine I can see Episode 2 in the menu screen but can't play it. 1st time it asked if it wanted to do random choices for an incomplete episode 1 or something like that, and when I said no it took me back to the menu screen. 2nd try I decided load my episode 1 game and it took me to a point about 3/4 of the way through episode 1 even though I had already finished it previously. Played through that point to the end of episode 1, again picked episode 2 in the menu but when it loaded it, it started all over again with the beginning of episode 1. :( Playing on Xbox-NTSC region/U.S. Saved to hard drive, 72.4 GB free.

Just tried it again and this time when I RB'd over to Episode 2 from the menu and hit play it actually loaded episode 2. Still posting this in case it helps at all. Happy gaming!
  • edited July 2012
    L-Train64 wrote: »
    Hello. Have you looked into the problem people are having with accessing the game? I bought the game and downloaded it, but i cant play it. When i boot up the game, it just says "get" in the episode menu even though it also says i have purchased it. I have tried deleting it and redownloaded it, but nothing helps. I wont even load my save game. I can only choose new game.

Xbox 360 version. Any help would be apperciated. Its frustrating to say the least. Thanks

Having this same problem spent about 40 minutes on the phone with xbox support and they have no idea whats wrong i am playing from the UK downloaded here and playing on a NTSC console. episode 1 played fine all other games aside from region locked ones are running fine also.
This discussion has been closed.