Petition: Release the season 1 cover art as a poster print.

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
It looks amazing and I would love to hang it on my wall. I already have the two other posters that were made available (the one in the office and the one in the saloon) and would definitely buy another.

*signs*

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Well, I'd definitely be in for this...

Is there a chance at all?
  • edited June 2007
    I don't see why not. It looks much better than the Western poster.
  • edited June 2007
    But it would HAVE to be just the artwork... no logos or credits included (just like the office and western prints). This rules out having this only as an advertising poster for the DVD.
  • edited June 2007
    Of course. I'm willing to pay for it like I paid for the other two.
  • edited June 2007
    It does look awesome.. I'd buy one
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah, that's a pretty sweet piece of artwork there, I'd buy it on a poster.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    But it would HAVE to be just the artwork... no logos or credits included (just like the office and western prints). This rules out having this only as an advertising poster for the DVD.

Are we tasteless heathens? Come on, man.
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Are we tasteless heathens? Come on, man.

Mmh...

posters2.jpg

I rest my case... and actually keep my concerned attitude... :cool:
    edited June 2007
    Hrumph. Note that poster was distributed at GameTap's booth :) All I did on that particular project was add Telltale's logo in the corner.

I assume you've seen this?
  • edited June 2007
    That video is hilarious! (I read that it's presumably made by Microsoft itself, and leaked out.)

--Erwin
    edited June 2007
    Yeah it was a Microsoft internal video, I think, about how they were sabotaging themselves.
  • edited June 2007
    Hey at least you can't complain that you don't get any information on the product, though how much relevant information might vary.
  • edited June 2007
    Im not saying to sell it but I know ive made my share of posters from art I own, course I get permission first. So with that said maybe all you have to do is ask nicely and they will allow you to go to kinkos and make a blown up copy for your wall :P Steve allowed it of the hit the road box and surfin the highway cover :P

just a thought.. but IMO all steves art needs posters(toyboxx, spudvision, Sinistar! monkey island) common lets not stop at sam n max XD
    Not to mention I want a darn zak mckracken poster that doesnt have my stickers on it from the scan at kinkos! Darn it!
  • edited June 2007
    A mere scan can't contain the awesomeness, boy!
  • edited June 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    (toyboxx, spudvision, Sinistar! monkey island)

Dum-di-dum...

;)
  • edited June 2007

Niiiiice. Is that painting effect an automatic photoshop... effect or did you do it manually? Either way, great job with those.
  • edited June 2007
    I like those as well, heck I'm getting those games from amazon along with curse of monkey island.

On subject: I would like that cover art as well, perhaps even put it on my computer desktop, replacing Jack Sparrow. If there is little designs different from it like the TTG logo or somewhat i'm fine with that. All it does is tell people where I got the nice art and where to buy it at.
  • edited June 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Niiiiice. Is that painting effect an automatic photoshop... effect or did you do it manually? Either way, great job with those.

It's just PS-filters, but lots of different ones, and some layer masks.
  • edited June 2007
    Actually for a bit of money you can blow things up without losing much res :P
    Noo joke ya. You can take the surfing the highway cover and make it 2 foot by 3 foot.. (almost) Ive done so and it looks just like the cover :P sooo yeaaa dunno why those posters are so small up there XD. Course my posters say like IBM PC lol
  • edited June 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    sooo yeaaa dunno why those posters are so small up there XD.
    Just to check - this is sarcasm, right? Or were you not talking about the Monkey Island posters?
  • edited June 2007
    I'm happy with the poster I have :D

pic0325bd6.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    That's funny. That's one nice poster though too.
  • edited July 2007
    Hello Folks!

Since Season 1 started, i always wanted to find a really cool poster of sam and max, like a bigger version of the 'surfin the highway'-front or stuff.. when season one was announced, I got great expectations, that telltale would OF COURSE not waiste the coolness of the package front picture on only the thin package, on which you can see barely details.. But there is, to my surprise, nothing like that in the telltale store.. So what about a giant Seasonone-cover-poster? That would be a good advertising, and really cool piece of furniture, too ^^ -> I'd buy it.. I'm sure lots of other guys would, too..

so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, telltale :)

edit: hmm.. holy crap, didn't knew there was already a thread about that.. But anyway, It's still not there (the poster)! Let's demonstrate!
  • edited July 2007
    I'd totally be down for a poster of the S1 cover art. It looks fantastic. As long as you guys don't fold them when you ship! Ship them rolled in a tube! We'll pay for the shipping costs as long as they aren't creased.
    edited July 2007
    All the other poster prints come in a tube, so if more come along I imagine they'll be treated the same :)
  • edited July 2007
    Don't say "if"... :(
  • edited July 2007
    Oke, I'm going to say now, what Telltale-guys think, but don't say:

Hey, everyone is going to BUY that poster, because there IS no really cool sam and max poster yet.. But THIS poster is ULTRA-STYLISH so everyone who is interested in a Sam and Max Poster, but didn't like the old ones, will buy this one.. this is why it's gonna be THERE in the TELLTALE Store..

Well at least, that's what i hope
  • edited July 2007
    i can only say... yes!! ;)
  • edited July 2007
    I don't know if you are right on that Calavera, but that is a good guess.
  • edited July 2007
    Another idea: does anyone know which poster comes out with the retail version? Because there IS a poster as a bonus, but i don't know WHICH.. sadly, i can't think of a way to but a great poster into such a small box, so i bet it's a small one.. and I want the big one, of course :-P
  • edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    I knew it!!!

comiccon07_4.jpg

And it looks GREAT! Put it up the store... PUT IT UP!!! YAYYYY!!!
    (oh, and there's the soundtrack too... sweeeet!)
  • edited July 2007
    As I always said, Telltale listens to their customers. Which in their case could be called fans. How many companies can say that? :p (Sierra RIP) It's a good idea to listen too, because people have been waiting a long time for lots of Sam & Max merchandise. :)
  • edited July 2007
    I want the new sketchbook! Hopefully it's not more then the first one
  • edited July 2007
    Hooray! If I purchased a poster like this I would finally have a reason to replace my 2006 Frans Drescher swimsuit calendar!
  • edited July 2007
    I'd like the poster!!!
  • edited July 2007
    I picked one up at the TTG booth. It's 18"x12" and it's the stuff that dreams are made of.
    edited July 2007
    whoa!!!!!

enjoy
  • edited August 2007
    Ooh. I did a high-res scan of my Season One DVD cover, ran a few filters over it, and thought it was pretty spiffy, but that print is so vibrant and shiny!
    *salivates*
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    whoa!!!!!

enjoy

THANK YOU! Telltale really listens to their fanbase, that's for sure. I ordered the poster (signed) as well as Sam & Max: The Effigy Mound today. I can't wait, I'm going to get two shipments now of Sam & Max goodness. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.