Placeholder stats in WD ep2

edited June 2012 in Game Support
I just finished The Walking Dead Episode 2 (PC version, Steam), and I got a very strange stats screen, which looks like a placeholder...

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I got the same thing and now it just starts ep 2 over and over no matter if i start a new game or from one of my saves at the very end then once its done it says ep 2 comming soon and all my saves are missing and I have to restart the game.
  • edited June 2012
    This is happening to me too. When I finish the last section of the second episode, I see the placeholder stats.

After the credits, if I click on Play again and choose my save file, it shows episode 2 as coming soon, not installed. At this point, my episode 1 selection screen doesn't have a stats button but my episode 2 (coming soon) screen does have a stats button. When I press the stats button, it shows the same placeholder stats.

When I restart the game, it shows episode 2 is installed and when I click Play and choose episode 2, it starts me back at the last checkpoint (which I think is working as intended). However, it doesn't show the stats button for episode 2 but it does show the (correctly working) stats for episode 1.

Frankly, the whole saving system and how it works for multiple episodes seems poorly designed. One single autosave for your entire game, no matter how many episodes you have played, with no manual or quicksaves, and then you can only choose play for any episode not knowing where it will start you at. There should be a better way to do this.
  • edited June 2012
    spindoctor wrote: »
    When I restart the game, it shows episode 2 is installed and when I click Play and choose episode 2, it starts me back at the last checkpoint (which I think is working as intended). However, it doesn't show the stats button for episode 2 but it does show the (correctly working) stats for episode 1.

And this is happening to me too... :confused:
This discussion has been closed.