Disconnects on download

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Hi guys, sorry posted in general forum. Please help.

I have attempted to download the game 5 times now and all have stopped between 60&75%.

Others are complaining of the same issue and on PC & MAC.

https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629096&postcount=1

https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629066&postcount=3646

https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629194&postcount=14

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    As mentioned in one of the other threads, this could be a server load issue (seen similar disconnects on other release days). Try again later, you may find it works.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks puzzlebox, didn't dispute your logic or knowledge of previous releases, raised it here just in case there was a specific issue known to the team
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    No worries, just adding it in case another user looks here for help. :)
  • edited June 2012
    Tried again 2 hours after 3 failed attempts. It still disconnects at 70%... Really fed up with the way Telltale has handled this game from the lack of info about release dates to yet again botching the release of the episode.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey guys this is still occurring, still can't download, this time it dropped at 68%.
  • edited June 2012
    Its now 12:51am California time, so I don't understand why this would still be occurring. This is my 7th attempt at downloading the game and again it dropped out at 68%, by my reckoning I've downloaded over 3GB today trying to get this game. I'm really frustrated all I would like is some acknowledgement and help from TT. I'm not the only one this appears to be happening too.
  • edited June 2012
    https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629404&postcount=5
    Same with me. Tried 5 times now and it stalls at 68%. Very frustrating!
  • edited June 2012
    And still after waiting another 5 hours I tried again and shock I was disconnected at 68%......please telltale, give us something, this isn't random, all I'd like to do is play a game I paid for. Thanks, but you've beaten me, Im off to bed.
  • Having the same problem, I keep "losing my internet connection" at 81% every time.
  • edited June 2012
    Mine hangs at around 50% and then loses connection. Every time. Pretty lame.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm in Australia, and found that you keep checking say, every five minutes- after the error message comes up, just click to re-download and (luckily) it will continue from where it last was in the download. It took me all day to finally get it done... but it was a great episode. If only TTG didn't 'Blizzard' out on us and let us download and play smoothly it would have have been a perfect experience.

I don't look forward to doing this 5 minute check for 3 hours every time a new episode is released. Hopefully that just means The Walking Dead is really popular. Well done TTG so far though- really good stuff.
  • edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, that method isn't working for me. The download just disconnected at 51%. I tried to restart the download, and it bounced me back to 48%. Either way, we shouldn't have to babysit the download.
  • edited June 2012
    Still no luck, 10 attempts now, can't be load on the servers now, surely!!!
  • edited June 2012
    make it 11
  • edited June 2012
    the_boss wrote: »
    I'm in Australia, and found that you keep checking say, every five minutes- after the error message comes up, just click to re-download and (luckily) it will continue from where it last was in the download.

Hey the boss, was this for PC or MAC, no matter what I do I can't get it to resume downloading on the MAC.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey BlackVulcan,

I did the above method from a PC- sorry. Regarding the 'babysitting' I agree- pretty bad way to get the episode. I initially got it going, left it for about half an hour, came back and found out that the error occurred in the first 3% which was pretty annoying.

I did notice sometimes it says 60%, but when it gets going, it actually resets back to 40% or something similar. For me, it was just a matter of keep getting it to continue until it simply completed.

This is my first telltale game- I wonder if any of this happened with Sam and Max, etc? I found it a bit strange that you have to download from within the game itself.
  • edited June 2012
    Cheers boss. This is my second game from TT, I got Back to the Future and each was a separate download, no problems and no issues, but there were no carry over decisions like in TWD to determine outcomes later in the game either.

The opportunity to reconnect even to nurse it to completion does not seem to exist on the mac, I hope they sort that, would really love to play it. With the delay and now with others playing and commenting on it it makes it hard not to be a bit pissed off.

I will be very annoyed, if through other sources, others are able to play episode two before us honest gamers who paid for it.
  • edited June 2012
    I've tried 11 times on my mac with no luck. I want a refund. I'm sick of this game and I've barely played it.
  • edited June 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    I want a refund. I'm sick of this game and I've barely played it.

My thoughts exactly. The in-game (MAC) download keeps disconnecting and I'm tired of the game and telltale games for screwing the whole thing up. This is but a scam and I will pursue refund.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm just sick of the lack of info and constant mucking around. Why does it have to download in game? They only had 3 months to fix this stuff.

Don't take people's money with such a half baked product.
  • edited July 2012
    Same problem here on Mac System.

Always stuck at 60%!!
  • edited July 2012
    It happened to me too. For PC version.
    It lost the connection around 10/15 times.
    Had to retry the whole morning to get this game finish the download.
    And then I discovered that the game also changed one of my Ep.1 important story choice without reason.

Quite disgusted from primitive tech abilities of TT. If you're not able to deliver correctly your products, why insist on episodic content?
    Why didn't you updated the "The Walking Dead - Season Pre-Order" PC/MAC download button with a single file containing both episodes, so it's just a single file to download instead of that sick in-game method of updating?

Really hope that EA buys you and teach you some technical abilities.
  • edited July 2012
    Double problem on Mac version, because the download starts from scratch every time!
  • edited July 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    I've tried 11 times on my mac with no luck. I want a refund. I'm sick of this game and I've barely played it.

I have not figured out how to get the game to work either I have tried it on STEAM and TT
    I am on a MAC running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
    my daughter has the PS3 and her game is perfect
    I have waited paitiently and I really like this game but I am extreamly frustrated and disappointed and I feel as if I wasted my money I may as well have took my money and set it ablaze hoping that the small fire would keep me warm and safe throughout the night ... RIGHT... well just as likely to be able to play TWD on my MAC anytime soon
    Thanks TT your just stellar but at least your proving to be consistant with the glitches and issues
  • edited July 2012
    From Mike:

"Download issues with the Mac version of the Telltale build (the one downloaded from our site)

We’re aware that a small percentage of Mac users are having an issue with this, and we are in the process of making changes to how these files are delivered that should resolve this issue. However, please make sure that you have a strong connection to the Internet prior to beginning the download. Anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop."

and:

"I definitely apologize for any frustration these issues may have caused, but please know that they are being investigated and worked on. A patch/title update for the game across all platforms is in the works, but I don't currently have an ETA on when it will be released, or any information on what fixes will be included."
  • edited July 2012
    Same problem here, download starts from scratch every time. At about 27% it always disconnects. Tried about 10 times now and lost my patience.

Happy and loyal customer. Don't want to change that. :(
  • edited July 2012
    Ihave the same issue and can download from *anywhere* else with no problem. I have downloaded 7GB files recently from canada with no issues. for gods sake either give me an ftp site where I can get it from or fix the process so it does not start from *0* every time, or better yet just fix the issue full stop. If, like other here seem to say, if it was at least resuming from XX% when I retryed, I would have some hope of finishing, but mine gets to about 67% and then starts at 0% again *Every time*.

Doug

PS. It might be time to start linking to these from external sites so it goes up in the search engine ranks. Maybe then the company might try to keep us up to date on what they are trying to do to fix it.
  • edited July 2012
    It's so weird.. I had the exact same problem with my Macbook Pro, but last week I tried for the 8th or 9th time and it just worked without any problems.
    The only thing I did different is drop the resolution to the lowest possibility and tried downloading again. This doesn't work for everyone, I already found out on another thread. I really wish I could help you guys with downloading episode 2. I'm already browsing through my Walking Dead folders, looking for episode 2 files I can share via FTP or any other way, so I can help my fellow Mac users out there.
    Good luck guys, I really hope Telltale will fix this problem soon.
  • edited July 2012
    I never got episode 2 downloaded on my mac, tried contacting TTG about refund, but nothing works to this date. I filed a complaint at:

http://www.bbb.org/us/consumers/

That seems to be the only thing I can do at the moment.
  • edited July 2012
    This sucks so much, three weeks now, our "monthly" game should have Episode 3 released in a week, yet some of us still can't play episode 2. Telltale you should be ashamed.
  • GudmooreGudmoore Banned
    edited July 2012
    This is getting ridiculous, I've gone as far as copying files I downloaded on my laptop. Now even though I have all the new files, it still shows as not installed.

It has nothing to do with server load issues, nice job trying to dodge problem solving by using that ploy.

TTG; What the hell did you do? Hire your executable programmers directly out of high school?

It isn't hard to put up a torrent or a direct download with the files for Episode 2 and a .txt file containing instructions. It certainly doesn't take a month to do so.

Get off your asses and do something about it; create an offline installer or an equivalent. If this problem persists I will get a refund, even if I have to go through the Better Business Bureau to get you guys to listen for once in your lives.

At this point it's become a pretty intense case of faulty product and false advertising; I still have your original advertisements saved, so don't think you can duck out of it by changing your advertisement's wording.

Fix it or refund my money; and don't try that no refunds crap, selling a season pass and only letting players go through Episode 1 well after Episode 2's release date is a clear violation of consumer law. If you feel like attempting to combat that, I can read through consumer laws with you. It seems like you guys are very illiterate.
  • edited July 2012
    It seems that Telltale has stopped talking to the Better Business Bureau as well – they have had two complaints in the last week that were closed without getting a response.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/telltale-games-in-san-rafael-ca-277990/complaints

Still, I'd encourage anyone who is unsatisfied to complain anyway. At least it will be reflected in their BBB grade, which has already been reduced from a B to a C.

Not sure what else there is to do, anyway. Anyone with better knowledge of Californian consumer affairs?
  • GudmooreGudmoore Banned
    edited July 2012
    Lanfranc wrote: »
    It seems that Telltale has stopped talking to the Better Business Bureau as well – they have had two complaints in the last week that were closed without getting a response.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/telltale-games-in-san-rafael-ca-277990/complaints

Still, I'd encourage anyone who is unsatisfied to complain anyway. At least it will be reflected in their BBB grade, which has already been reduced from a B to a C.

Not sure what else there is to do, anyway. Anyone with better knowledge of Californian consumer affairs?

Here's some key phrases to research in Consumer Law for TTG's case:

- Faulty Goods
    - Not Satisfactory Quality
    - Not Fit for Purpose
    - Goods Not as Described
    - Poor Quality Service
    - Negligent Trader
    ~ Problems With Cost

The last one is concerned with paying for 5 episodes and only being able to play through a single one after following episodes are released.
  • edited July 2012
    Same problem for me(mac)

What Rubbish.....
This discussion has been closed.