[WD] Saving glitch since the update?

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I've run into an odd problem. If I start the game from scratch (while using a controller) if I pause the game, it starts it from the beginning, unable to save its spot in the game at all. Also, every time I try to go to the main menu to try and load the game, it won't go back to the menu, and instead goes, again, to the beginning of A New Day, virtually erasing my progress.

I had just FINISHED A New Day, and was stuck watching the credits when I accidentally paused it. Killing my most recent game.

Is this only happening with me? Or is this a widespread problem?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    My problem is similiar I can't save my game no more on the walking dead episode 1 and I bought episode 2 and it won't let me play it what is going on here we need a update to fix this
  • edited June 2012
    Same here. PC version. Second run through on EP2 & decided to start another run from the beginning of the game. REALLY pissed after two hours of play & a pause for the cause obliterated all progress.

A restart of the game starts that save game back at the beginning of EP1. I've made it through the woods & it seems to be working properly at the moment.

WTF?
  • edited June 2012
    So far, stopping the game in any sort of fashion will restart the game at the beginning of episode one!

I moved the folder to force the game to create a new folder, and though the game is creating saves, it's automatically restarting if I try to exit the game in any sort of fashion, immediately saving AGAIN at the beginning of episode one.

I'm starting to get REALLY annoyed by this. :(

I can't play episode two because according to the game, I've never finished episode one (which I've done on six separate occasions)... solely because if I pause the game, exit the game, go to the main menu, or exit the game in any fashion, it immediately starts the game over at the beginning of episode one.

I'm sorry, but I can't play this game for five hours straight (let alone 12 hours when the next three episodes come out) just to get through the story so far...

PLEASE HELP.
  • edited June 2012
    Same thing. I just paused the game after a two hour replay of episode 1 at a fresh save to close the windows due to rain and tried to resume game, im at the the start again driving the freeway with lee and the cop.. this aint good TT.
  • edited June 2012
    No change. Made it to the motor inn & paused. Started at the opening scene when resumed. THIS SUCKS! :mad:
  • edited June 2012
    So I finished Episode one, and instead of giving me an option to play the next episode, it says "GET" (despite already having downloaded it). When I click on it, it says "Disconnected."

So now, despite having to wait through the whole credits and everything, I'm stuck with the inability to play the damn thing at all?
  • edited June 2012
    I am having the same problem as you guys. Quite annoying.
  • edited June 2012
    I've done some digging and posted findings in another thread, maybe related to this issue we're having as well:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=630953&postcount=76
  • edited July 2012
    Has there been any update?

Because I must say, this is annoying to no limit... I know I got a sweet deal on several games due to how I purchased the game, but it's not really fair that I purchased it and it doesn't work. And I'm pretty sure that everyone else has that same opinion.

As for having to move files outside of the game just to play it, that's a little bogart (and a half).
  • edited July 2012
    I have the same problem with the PC version. After playing a while (so far only Episode 1), the menu somehow breaks. Whether I click Resume, Settings, Main Menu or Exit Game, the game will restart the episode. This bug is very annoying.
  • edited July 2012
    Alright, so I didn't see this topic, but now you can close this one. It's the same problem.
  • edited July 2012
    Same problem here. It's not related to controllers, I can confirm in the very least. Played for two hours straight, then paused the game, pressed resume, and there I was, back at the beginning of the game, my save erased.

Really annoyed by this, as I was greatly enjoying the game, but it seems like it's broken for everyone.
  • edited July 2012
    p12t wrote: »
    I have the same problem with the PC version. After playing a while (so far only Episode 1), the menu somehow breaks. Whether I click Resume, Settings, Main Menu or Exit Game, the game will restart the episode. This bug is very annoying.
    To anyone still experiencing save or restart issues on the PC head over to

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31140

I have put together a set of instructions that will resolve the problem for windows 64-bit users.
  • edited July 2012
    Hi all,
    I have twice gotten to the Dairy farm on episode 2 (Xbox360) ended game to play at a later time (or so I thought!) and lo and behold when I go to "continue" it starts me from the beginning of episode 1!!!!!!!! I'm afraid there is some major issues with the save game or refresh episode thingy Telltale - please sort as you are effectively wiping my save progress and starting me from scratch - this does not inspire me to purchase the next episode especially if I can't play the bleeding thing to completion!!!!!!
  • edited July 2012
    Guys, see this, it worked for me.
  • edited July 2012
    Khorino wrote: »
    Guys, see this, it worked for me.

All well & good for 64 bit machines but I'm running 32 bit XP. I haven't bothered playing it due to this bug. Really pisses me off I paid for the season pass.
  • edited July 2012
    rockscott wrote: »
    All well & good for 64 bit machines but I'm running 32 bit XP. I haven't bothered playing it due to this bug. Really pisses me off I paid for the season pass.

If you post the registry values that the installer creates I will see if I can help.
  • edited July 2012
    tokra100 wrote: »
    If you post the registry values that the installer creates I will see if I can help.

I do have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and the registry fix posted didn't fix the issue for me.
  • edited July 2012
    Autoduel wrote: »
    I do have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and the registry fix posted didn't fix the issue for me.

Hmmm strange. Your the first person I have found who had the problem. It you post (or private message) me the following items then I will replicate it on a virtual machine on my end.

1. \Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\WalkingDead101.exe

2. \Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Telltale Games\WalkingDead101.exe

3. Installation path (c:program files.......)

4. Content of the json files C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Meta\WalkingDead101PatchFs.json

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Meta\WalkingDead102.json

Same goes for anyone else who is having problems.
This discussion has been closed.