[WD] Episode 2 won't start

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I have a problem with episode 2 on PC (steam). I played through the episode once without any problems, but whenever I try to start it up now, the music starts, I get a black screen except for the cursor and the axe icon on the left.

And then nothing happens, the music just keeps playing, but the game doesn't start. I've tried validating the cache, rebooting both the computer and steam, checked that my drivers are up to date, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    This is happening to me too.
    If I start a new game/start a fresh episode 2/load a saved game, then it works fine.
    If I try to start episode 2 from a finished episode 1, I get the black screen. If I try to rewind to any previous part of either chapter I get the black screen.

Once I get the black screen it's like my save gets corrupted. I get the black screen on every load and rewind on the save til i delete it.

It's like it's trying to load in the wrong part of the game at the wrong time. When it happens in chapter 2, like you, I see the ui and axe item while action music plays in the background like a dramatic scene is happening. When it happens in chapter 1, i can see the ui but there are no items and no music.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2012
    You can try if this helps.
  • edited June 2012
    No, didn't help, unfortunately.
  • edited June 2012
    Didn't fix it for me either.
  • edited July 2012
    I had this problem as well, I tried the above solution and it did not work.

I backed up my saves folder then deleted everything out of it except the saves that were part of the one I was trying to load for Ep 2 and it worked for me so I thought you guys might have some luck with it as well.

Cheers.
  • edited July 2012
    How do you know what saves are for what slot? I have 3 slots and 22 save files.
  • edited July 2012
    I looked at the date for the save in the game menu then when I went into the saves folder there were about 4 saves that had that date for when they were last modified.
This discussion has been closed.