TWD: WTF is Doug Alive?

edited March 2013 in Game Support
Hi I choose carley to live instead of douge in episode 1, however it seems like for some reason the game choose douge instead, anyway to fix this? anyone else with the issue?

rather not redo my entire episode 1 or watever.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    MrX101 wrote: »
    Hi I choose carley to live instead of douge in episode 1, however it seems like for some reason the game choose douge instead, anyway to fix this? anyone else with the issue?

In the PS3 version you can re-due chapters but it will lose progress of everything after that chapter so you can just re-due the last chapter in EP 1 and save Carly again just in case there is a bug in your save file

Not sure if PC and Xbox have this option but other might help if you don't have the PS3 version.
  • edited June 2012
    its a pc version
  • edited June 2012
    JPG619 wrote: »
    In the PS3 version you can re-due chapters but it will lose progress of everything after that chapter so you can just re-due the last chapter in EP 1 and save Carly again just in case there is a bug in your save file

Not sure if PC and Xbox have this option but other might help if you don't have the PS3 version.

PC has this option, its a feature in the game to "rewind" and redo a decision if you so desire.
  • edited June 2012
    thing is it knows I saved carley because if i load my save on the very last part of episode 1 it reflects it, just when i go into episode 2 its wrong.
  • edited June 2012
    Telltale Store or Steam?

That issue happened to me. When you replay the last chapter from Episode 1 you will discover in the new episode that you can't rewind. And if you exit to main menu and want to continue playing the button "Coming soon" it's back again.

See this thread. It worked to me.
  • edited June 2012
    redoing the doug or carley part doesn't help(did it and continued all the way until the credits ended), anyone know a way to fix it in the coding or something? ps its steam version
  • edited June 2012
    hey man, are you selecting episode 2, or are you pressing "continue" on your save?
  • edited June 2012
    I had exactly the same issue and also have Steam ver on PC. Doug was alive when I started ep 2 even though I had chose Carley when I played through.
    I also tried redoing the doug/carley part, but same result. Ended up starting a new game and doing it all over again just to get it to work. Disappointing, but I'm just hoping this stuff isn't going to happen to me again with the next episode.
  • edited June 2012
    I had exactly the same issue and also have Steam ver on PC. Doug was alive when I started ep 2 even though I had chose Carley when I played through.
    I also tried redoing the doug/carley part, but same result. Ended up starting a new game and doing it all over again just to get it to work. Disappointing, but I'm just hoping this stuff isn't going to happen to me again with the next episode.

Did the game updated yesterday through Steam? Did you notice?

Try to keep your savegames, reinstall through Steam and replay.

Also, post your system specs, please.
  • edited June 2012
    I've got the exact problem - have replayed the last chapter 4 times and have sat trough all that awful quicktime video at the end along with the movie credits at the end, but the game keeps on showing that Doug survived and not Carly. That is not how I played the game, this is complete crap if your choices are completely ignored. FIX this BUG!
  • edited July 2012
    MrX101 wrote: »

same thing, All my decision was made upside down, and my two other saves was deleted.. so I got to start all over.. yay. :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    For some of you the warxsnake fix might help.
  • edited July 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »

Yup this is the fix!
  • edited March 2013

I suck with computers. I found the pref.props file in Documents, but searching for D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default comes up with nothing.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I suck with computers. I found the pref.props file in Documents, but searching for D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default comes up with nothing.

Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" or "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • edited March 2013
    Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" or "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
    Done. Thank you.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2013
    You have two prefs.prop files.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.bak

Then move (!) the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
  • edited March 2013