Wny does the game save in Users/Public as well as in Users/[User]?

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I can't help feeling this is the root of all the savegame/doesn't transfer choices/won't transport savegames issues.

I'm so pissed off right now. I've tried everything. I even deleted every single folder and registry key that had any reference to "The Walking Dead" and then reinstalled the entire game again (via Steam).

Reinstalled: same old shit. I've been able to start a new savegame, but EVERY SINGLE CHOICE I MADE is still totally ignored in Episode 2.

I'm British. I can put up with a lot of crap. I can't, however, support a single thing Telltale Games has done in the past three months.

First, the second episode was delayed. That, I can handle. Totally fine, I know how hard it is to make games, and still love love love them as developers.

Second, the game was still delayed, but we got no word from our beloved game designers. No explanation. No apology. Not even so much as a blog post. I started to get a little concerned by the lack of customer service.

But third: no matter. Second episode is finally released! AMAZING! Except: I can't play it. Start it up, and choices are reset. Continue from last game: choices reset. Delete every single folder I can think of, reinstall, replay whole of Episode 1: CHOICES RESET.

I'm always so against the people who demand their money back, but right now, I'm feeling it: I really wouldn't mind my money back after what I've been through these past two nights!

Please, Telltale, give me some good reason why Episode 2 won't carry over my choices. Weren't free and difficult decisions the features you promoted as your most important marketing feature? Right now, all I've got is an expensive interactive movie. FIX THIS PLEASE!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    And it's really stupid because it is the major feature/selling point of this game, plastered everywhere (story tailored to your playstyle blablabla), and it's the only thing that's not working right now.

Developers should never, ever, ever, never, release games on a friday.
This discussion has been closed.