Game Restarted Itself

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Ok, so here's the problem I just had: I was playing the Walking Dead and had gotten pretty far into Episode 1, when I got stuck, so naturally I hit escape to pause the game and the windows key to go to the desktop. After I found out how to progress, I returned to the game and as soon as it popped up on my screen, the Episode 1 intro started to play and the game just started over from the beginning. What the hell happened? Can I do anything about it or do I have to play through the Episode again? This was just really frustrating as I just got the game and was getting into it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Side note: when I go to the main menu and hit play the autosave is at the beginning of the game

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Congratulations, your game, like so many others (mine included) is fucked up!

Randomly, it will save correctly, but you won't know until it does. Mostly, it'll just keep resetting no matter what you do when you pause, and it will autosave over whatever you just did. Top it off, chances are even when you finished Episode One, it won't let you play Episode Two, saying that you still have to download it.

This is a HUGE glitch in the game and hopefully they're working on a fix, because a lot of people are coming up with the same problem.
  • edited July 2012
    MrKain wrote: »
    Congratulations, your game, like so many others (mine included) is fucked up!

Randomly, it will save correctly, but you won't know until it does. Mostly, it'll just keep resetting no matter what you do when you pause, and it will autosave over whatever you just did. Top it off, chances are even when you finished Episode One, it won't let you play Episode Two, saying that you still have to download it.

This is a HUGE glitch in the game and hopefully they're working on a fix, because a lot of people are coming up with the same problem.

Dude I have it on PS3, and ALL of my saved data was just corrupt and it erased like 16 hours worth of gameplay. I am beyond pissed. It has happened to a lot of PS3 users as they go to start the 3rd playthrough like me.
This discussion has been closed.