WD Freezes after loading screen

edited July 2012 in Game Support
if i delete the SyncFs map, i can start the game.
I downloaded ep 2 again (i did this about 4 times already). And i started playing. Works perfect.

I close the game and want to retry, it freezes again. If i delete SyncFs it works again but have to download ep 2 again

Please please fix this

Comments

• edited July 2012
    jimmypop wrote: »
    if i delete the SyncFs map, i can start the game.
    I downloaded ep 2 again (i did this about 4 times already). And i started playing. Works perfect.

I close the game and want to retry, it freezes again. If i delete SyncFs it works again but have to download ep 2 again

Please please fix this

Same here ...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I don't have a fix, but does it also work if you delete everthing from SyncFs except
    \SyncFs\Data\WalkingDead102 ?
    Then at least you wouldn't have to download episode 2 every time to get it working. You might have to click "get" again to make it recognize the episode 2 files again.
  • edited July 2012
    i will try this and let you know if it works
  • edited July 2012
    No luck ...

This is frustrating
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Too bad. Was worth a try.
    What windows version are you running, and did you set the game to launch in compatibility mode or as admin or anything?
  • edited July 2012
    win 7 64. I run as admin and i tried the compatibility mode
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I see. Have you tried running it during a clean boot yet?

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer
  • edited July 2012
    Do you think it's the only chance? I don't want to reboot my whole computer :/
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    What's bad about rebooting?
    I would definitely try booting clean and running the game as described above, because it temporarily disables potentially interfering applications.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm sorry, I'm from germany. Maybe your rebooting is not "my" rebooting. Sometimes in germany, rebooting means "restore the factory setting".

Maybe I'm just confused too hahaha
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Hey, I'm from Germany too.
    The clean boot is nothing like that. Probably the "restore your system" expression is a bit misleading too.
    It's just a mechanism that disables non essential applications from being loaded at system startup, so you can test the game in an environment with less interference.
    After you tried if the game runs, you just follow the instructions to the end, and your system will boot up just like before.
  • edited July 2012
    Thx man ... but it doesn't work :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Bummer. What screen do you see while it freezes? Can you post a screenshot?
  • edited July 2012
    I've tried but my screenshot is just a white picture. After you starting the game, you can click the "Click to connect" button. After I clicked this button, the screen turns black for just a second and the "click to connect" page reappears. After that, the game is frozen.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Hmm. That's obscure. What happens if you disconnect from the internet before starting the game?
  • edited July 2012
    Nothing :/ I've tried that a few times.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    One more thing you could try is creating another windows user account, and trying if the game works properly there.
  • edited July 2012
    the same here. I click on connect, the status bar appears that he is connecting and then the screen freezes
  • edited July 2012
    this is so strange.

I deleted the SyncFs map and i can start perfect. I even see the save game that i made from ep 2 and i can go further but ofcourse i have to download ep 2 again. download goes perfect, i can play.

If i exit the game and restart again, i get the freeze after connecting.

So the problem has to be with ep 2 because when it's not installed it works.
  • edited July 2012
    jimmypop wrote: »
    this is so strange.

I deleted the SyncFs map and i can start perfect. I even see the save game that i made from ep 2 and i can go further but ofcourse i have to download ep 2 again. download goes perfect, i can play.

If i exit the game and restart again, i get the freeze after connecting.

So the problem has to be with ep 2 because when it's not installed it works.

*raise my hand* that's exactly what I found out right know. There must be some problems with ep 2 -.-
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Has anyone of you tried the new windows user account yet?
    I am trying to narrow down why it's happening to you and not others.
  • edited July 2012
    ok don't ask me how i exactly did it but it works !!

It still freezes for 2-3 sec or so but then it goes on to the start screen.

First he did not see my save files from ep 1 but i took a backup file from my telltale folder and placed it back in my documents map.

So now i get the connecting screen and it freezes just a little bit but then goes on.
  • edited July 2012
    Ok - I don't know what happend but I just clicked "Click to Connect" and I just started normally.

But after I played nearly an hour, my game wasn't saved. This is really frustrating. :mad: Is there any chance I get my old saves back?

But thanks for the help anyway! :)
This discussion has been closed.