The Walking Dead not working

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I bought "The Walking Dead" on steam the other day and it just won't let me start the game, it looks like it launches but nothing happens.
I have contacted steam support and followed every step they gave me and nothing works and now they want me to contact "Telltale".

I feel it very odd that I have to hunt down a solution since i paid for the product and THEY should provide a solution for me, but i guess they are lazy.

So any ideas?
Because i'm kind of tired of buying games on steam that doesn't work.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Just to add, i am NOT getting a "has stopped working" error, when i start the game it simply shows a screen "prepparing to launch The Walking Dead" and when it has finished, nothign happens, everything goes back to the way it was, doesn't show an error message or anything
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Have you tried the stuff from the Support FAQ?
  • edited July 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Have you tried the stuff from the Support FAQ?

yep, all of them, nothing works
  • edited July 2012
    *bump*
    Still need help with this
  • edited July 2012
    Snugg wrote: »
    *bump*
    Still need help with this

You are not alone many people are having issues with this game many of the MAC users including myself still have not been able to play ep 2 since its release... I hope TTG has a solution for us soon.. I am having similar issues I can not download ep 2 I get the internet connection lost message evrytime just at different DL percentages:(
  • edited July 2012
    AppleWorm wrote: »
    You are not alone many people are having issues with this game many of the MAC users including myself still have not been able to play ep 2 since its release... I hope TTG has a solution for us soon.. I am having similar issues I can not download ep 2 I get the internet connection lost message evrytime just at different DL percentages:(

well, i'm not on mac, and i have had this problem from the start, i haven't even played it at all yet, but thanks for the sympaty...... will something like this give the money back?
  • edited July 2012
    Snugg wrote: »
    well, i'm not on mac, and i have had this problem from the start, i haven't even played it at all yet, but thanks for the sympaty...... will something like this give the money back?

i am not sure about refunds I have read some post complaining about refunds NOT being given all I can suggest to you is email TT and give it a shot... I certainly hope we all don't have to "eat" our hard earned $$$$ I preordered the season pass from TTG back in march I never anticipated all the problems ...
  • edited July 2012
    I am so happy to report that if you connect to the strongest signal that is possible for you it will actually download!!!!!!! I have succeeded in getting ep 2 to work!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.