[PC-Steam] Walking Dead crashes after Logo screen

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Hey guys,

Since a few weeks (it started before E02) I'm having problems with playing TWD. When I start the game I get the screen with the logo's from TellTale and Skybound ander after that I see the 'loading' screen for about 1s and then I'm back to the desktop without any kind of explanation why. I've tried all steps in the FAQ on this forum aswell as the 2 steps that the steam support forum offers. Anyone else have any idea's? Haven't changed anything hardware wise since last i played (and i'played E01 completely twice)
Thnx in advance to anyone with a good suggestion!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Forrix wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Since a few weeks (it started before E02) I'm having problems with playing TWD. When I start the game I get the screen with the logo's from TellTale and Skybound ander after that I see the 'loading' screen for about 1s and then I'm back to the desktop without any kind of explanation why. I've tried all steps in the FAQ on this forum aswell as the 2 steps that the steam support forum offers. Anyone else have any idea's? Haven't changed anything hardware wise since last i played (and i'played E01 completely twice)
    Thnx in advance to anyone with a good suggestion!

I'm having the very same problem, except my computer crashes entirely.
  • edited July 2012
    Hi there,

I mailed support, which at first glance gave me some basic nonsense like restarting and trying again and disabling firewall and antivirus.
    I thought, what the heck and uninstalled my Avast Anti-virus and disabled the windows firewall. And it worked!
    Since then I turned my windows firewall back on, and it still works. Not sure about the antivirus though. I'm keeping that uninstalled till i played through E02. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.