WD will not launch

edited July 2012 in Game Support
I bought eps 2 without having eps 1 from steam. I could not find a way to purchase eps 1 separately, do I need to? It downloads fine but will not launch. I have tried all suggestions from steam etc including, running DX installer in game files, checking file integrity, running steam as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Nothing has worked.

Specs;

Intel i5-760 2.80 GHz 4 core CPU
nVidia GTX 560 ti x 2 (SLI) with 301.42 drivers
12 GBs RAM
win7 64 bit OS

Steam is no help and will only threaten to ban my account if I contest charges for a game I can not run.

Is there help for me? Or is this a total scam?:mad:

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    What exactly happens when you start the game?
    Have you tried the stuff in the support FAQ?
  • edited July 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    What exactly happens when you start the game?
    Have you tried the stuff in the support FAQ?

Nothing happens. I get the steam window saying the game is launching and the circling pointer icon, then nothing.

I have tried everything listed.

*****edit****

Well not everything I guess. I changed compatibility settings to win98/me and checked the box disable desktop composition. And now it launches.

Not sure why that works. But it does for now.
  • edited July 2012
    Krash57 wrote: »
    Nothing happens. I get the steam window saying the game is launching and the circling pointer icon, then nothing.

I have tried everything listed.

*****edit****

Well not everything I guess. I changed compatibility settings to win98/me and checked the box disable desktop composition. And now it launches.

Not sure why that works. But it does for now.

Your win98/desktop composition works for me as well. Sad that can't play in a full screen. Not sure what the issue is.
  • edited July 2012
    I am sad to say that I have the exact same issue.

I try to open the game from Steam, nothing happens. I'm shown as in game for a while, then it goes back to simply Online. The game does not at any point show up in my task bar under processes or applications.

It runs with win98/desktop composition, thankfully :)
This discussion has been closed.