[BTTF (and Poker Night)] Account Not Authorized

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Hi all,
I sent an e-mail to support about 3 days ago and haven't heard back so I'm trying the forums.

I've had Poker Night for quite some time and I just picked up BTTF in the Steam summer sale.

I've been really excited to dig into BTTF however, every time I try to load ANY episode of it I'm met with a black screen and nothing else. When I alt+tab out of it I find a sequence of two popups. The first reads "Sorry, This account is not authorized to play this game" which is follow by "game failed to initialize"

I've had this issue with Poker Night for sometime and I've all but given up. Now that I've gotten it with BTTF I have no idea what to do.

I've done everything short of reinstall Windows. This includes wiping ALL of my Steam content and reinstalling.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

I've also gone through Steam support, and they direct me here.

I hope I can get some help.

Regards,

Matt

Comments

• edited July 2012
    That error indicates that your Windows Parental Controls aren't allowing access to the game. You'll need to adjust them under the User Accounts section in the Control Panel. If you don't have access to that, you'll need to speak with whoever has administrator access on that system.
  • edited July 2012
    I only have one account on here and it's the administrator account.

Regardless, I did investigate the parental controls...they're not enabled. Nor have they ever been if I'm certain.
  • edited July 2012
    I have the same problem but with Puzzle Agent on windows 7 64 bit. I'm an adminstrator account so I couldn't turn on parental controls even if I wanted. I've seen a couple threads around the internet, none with a good/working solution.

It runs on my laptop which is windows 7 32 bit, and is also an adminstrator account, but that laptop is bad and it should feel bad. I really don't want to play this game at like 2fps on a laptop when I have this perfectly good gaming computer that hasn't had any strange parental control issues with the other 400 games or so, including Sam and Max.
This discussion has been closed.