[Walking Dead] Won't launch.

edited July 2012 in Game Support
So basically what happened was, I downloaded it, installed it. It went into a black screen for a couple seconds, as it the game was booting, but then it gave me a "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error message. Since that first time, whenever I try to launch it, nothing happens. Not even an error message. Steam shows me as being in game for about 10 seconds, and I can tell that the process is active in my task manager (consuming about 37k KB of memory), before it simply disappears.

Now, I've tried everything from rebooting Steam and my computer to reinstalling the game and verifying the game files. Heck, I went out of the way to update and even reinstall my driver software. Nothing works. This is highly frustrating. Will I have to ask for a refund or is there some fix?

Can provide a dxdiag if needed, but as for the basics I'm on an ATI Radeon 5850 HD GFX card with 1gb memory, an AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor, Windows 7 64 bit and 4gb of RAM. TLDR, should easily be able to run it.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Well for people with similar issues, running it in compatiblity mode for Windows 98/ME seems to have fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.