TWD Mac: Decisions aren't carrying over into Ep2

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Hi folks, yet another rethread about how none of the decisions made in episode 1 aren't carrying over into episode 2. I know there have been numerous posts here about how to fix this issue on the PC, but I'm not seeing any solutions for the Mac version.

Does anybody have any idea about how to sort this problem out? Or, at the very least, I'd appreciate some word from Telltale that they are working on a patch and maybe even some prediction as to when we could expect said patch to be released?

Cheers.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I think I've found a fix. Open your /Library/Application Support/Steam folder, then navigate to the Walking Dead folder. Right-click the Walking Dead and choose Show Package Contents. Search for a file called prefs.prop which should be in the Default folder (it's a few levels down). Copy the file into the episode 2 folder and restart episode 2. Worked for me.
  • edited July 2012
    Okay, I've found Application Support, but there's no Steam folder.
  • edited July 2012
    My bad, I typed from memory. Try ~/Library/Application Support/Steam.
  • eaueau
    edited July 2012
    I'm very interested by your answer (same problem on mac) but I'm not sure I got it right :

I have located a prefs.prop file in ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead, this folder also seems to contain all my saves for the game (without any distinction between episode 1 or 2 though : it just goes like this : save_1.save, save_2.save, save_3.save...)

I checked in ~/Library/Application Support/SteamApps
    In it, there is a folder named ~/SteamApps/common/the walking dead that only contains a TheWalkingDead file that launch the game when you click on it.

Did I miss a folder somewhere ?
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here, or whether I need to back-up my games files first or something. I just can't find any Steam-related stuff in either Application Support folders.
  • edited July 2012
    Okay, here are the exact steps. If they don't work for you, complain loudly to Telltale that I shouldn't be having to fix their game for them. :)

1. In the Finder, click the Go menu, choose Go to Folder...
    2. In the box that appears, type ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/the walking dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack
    3. You should now be in the correct folder! If it can't find that folder, again, complain to Telltale (unless you didn't buy the game on Steam or put your Steam folder somewhere weird).
    4. Copy (not move) the prefs.prop file from the 'default' folder to the 'WalkingDead102' folder.
    5. Start the game.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, still not working, Doug's still alive.

Thanks for taking the time to help, though. I guess a stern e-mail to Telltale is going to have to be the next step.

I still can't believe they haven't patched this issue yet, or at least provided some kind of update or advice on it. It's not like they can't be aware of it now...
  • eaueau
    edited July 2012
    I follow step by step your indications, Squozen, and it works for me !! Awesome!! I wouldn't have found by myself without your help, thank you very much !!!
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks Squozen, worked like a charm!
    I have the same problem with episode 3 now, tried to do the same thing, but that didn't work. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.