Unbiased Review?

I'm having trouble finding a good review of this game that doesn't start with "I haven't played it but" or "When is Telltale going to make better graphics than my 5 year old wunderkind niece who works at Squaresoft?"

I love Telltale and have played since Sam and Max S1. I don't care about graphics. I like the straight adventure and the explorations of the genre they've done with JP and Walking Dead. That said, it'd be for my dad. He loves the show and usually plays Facebook games, Civilization and other dated stuff.

How does this rate as a translation of the source material, the difficulty and is there any replayability?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I'm having trouble finding a good review of this game that doesn't start with "I haven't played it but" or "When is Telltale going to make better graphics than my 5 year old wunderkind niece who works at Squaresoft?"

I love Telltale and have played since Sam and Max S1. I don't care about graphics. I like the straight adventure and the explorations of the genre they've done with JP and Walking Dead. That said, it'd be for my dad. He loves the show and usually plays Facebook games, Civilization and other dated stuff.

How does this rate as a translation of the source material, the difficulty and is there any replayability?

I played the whole season a while back. It's a VERY easy game--it mostly tests your memory and ability to make simple decisions, and is really based much more on the (at times) mediocre stories of the episodes than the gameplay itself. There's little replayability, as you can go back and redo a scene if you get a question wrong. No branching paths to speak of except for a couple of plea bargain differences towards the end of certain episodes.

All in all, it was an okay diversion for the $20 I paid for it. If your dad's a fan of the show AND Facebook games, he'll probably love it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.