[WD] The game does not start

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Hi Folks,

maybe someone can help me.

I just downloaded the game on steam, restarted and tried to launch, but the game does not start.

My system is Windows 7 64bit, ATI 5870 with updated drivers and AMD CPU.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Kinf

Comments

• edited July 2012
    run in admin ?

verify cache files ?

defrag your hard drive ?
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions, but, alas, nothing of it works.

Others seem to have the same problem, and there is no solution yet I could find.....
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Have you tried this yet, or the rest of the support FAQ?
    Mike wrote: »
    If it's still not working, right-click the game's executable, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, and then check the options to run in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. Also check the option to disable desktop composition.
  • edited July 2012
    Rather then start a new thread,
    having similar problems, I get application load error P:0000065432
    I have deleted and reinstalled, verified the installation, attempted to run in compatibility mode (fyi the exe is located C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead)
    run the directx installer as well as checked for updated drivers for my video card...

any other ideas?
  • edited July 2012
    I have deleted and reinstalled, verified the installation, attempted to run in compatibility mode (fyi the exe is located C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead)
    run the directx installer as well as checked for updated drivers for my video card...

any other ideas?

whats your spec?
  • edited July 2012
    whats your spec?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz
    Windows 7 64-bit
    8 gb ram
    Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M
    Total available graphics memory 4096 MB
  • edited July 2012
    C System Requirements
    Minimum:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

Recommended:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 1024 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

so to summarise your cpu seems to be 300mhz off the minimum spec if you could /can willing to try an overclock to get it to just over 2ghz it may work..

other wise your spec seems good enough defo not a gpu issue as you card is actually better than my 3 year old powercolor (ati) hd4890
  • edited July 2012
    I don't think you are right,
    even though the initial clock speed is lower, the I7 has 4 cores to draw on to it can boost to 2.93 GHz

attachment.php?attachmentid=3108&stc=1&d=1343002062
    benchmarks taken from http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
  • edited July 2012
    I have sent an email to support to hopefully get some traction on this issue...
  • edited July 2012
    Can you post a DXDiag, please?

Also, from a cursory Google search, that error isn't specific to our game, and it appears to happen on multiple titles on Steam. Everything I've read said a reboot resolved it. Have you tried that?
  • edited July 2012
    Can you post a DXDiag, please?

Also, from a cursory Google search, that error isn't specific to our game, and it appears to happen on multiple titles on Steam. Everything I've read said a reboot resolved it. Have you tried that?

Hi Mike,

Attached is the DXDiag as zip because it was too large as a txt or pdf,
    I have restarted several times, I have raised the issue here because it only occurs for walking dead steam can launch other titles without issue and if I try and launch the EXE directly still have the same error

Regards

Blamemonkey
  • edited July 2012
    Everything I'm seeing points to that being a Steam error and it's happening with quite a few different games, ranging from Football Manager to Skyrim. All the posts on other forums I've seen have said a reboot fixed it, but one person said he had to run Steam as an administrator before it went away. Have you tried that?
  • edited July 2012
    Everything I'm seeing points to that being a Steam error and it's happening with quite a few different games, ranging from Football Manager to Skyrim. All the posts on other forums I've seen have said a reboot fixed it, but one person said he had to run Steam as an administrator before it went away. Have you tried that?

any other ideas?

I have attempted to run Walking dead as admin, as all other games within steam work without error.
  • edited July 2012
    I asked if you tried running Steam as an administrator.
  • edited July 2012
    i asked if you tried running steam as an administrator.

yep
  • edited July 2012
    Unfortunately, there's no other advice I could offer from our end as the error is coming directly from Steam and isn't specific to this game. There's no common denominator in the list of games that seem to sporadically experience that error in Steam either. Half the people having trouble with it seem to indicate that it went away on its own.

All I can suggest at this point is that you contact Steam Support, though. Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.