[WD] Mac: cannot launch game

edited August 2012 in Game Support
Whenever I try to launch the game I get the following error:

"“TheWalkingDead.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8 GM and trying to run a copy of the game that I downloaded today from the telltale games website.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I'm having the same error!
  • edited July 2012
    Have d/led and installed file twice, keep getting this error msg when I try to launch.
  • edited July 2012
    I am also I just updated to Mountain Lion and my game won't work
  • edited July 2012
    if you have mountain lion go into settings and go to security change gatekeeper settings to any app
  • edited July 2012
    however the game may not be MT. Lion compatible my game is froze on the title page after clicking continue
  • edited July 2012
    Same thing happened to me.
  • edited July 2012
    Me too. A response from TTG would be nice. Or I want my money back.
  • edited July 2012
    Every time I try to launch the game I get the error message:

"TheWalkingDead" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

I have downloaded the installer twice and when opening the dmg file, I allow it to run the full verification process.
  • edited July 2012
    if you have mountain lion go into settings and go to security change gatekeeper settings to any app

Yup did that - now no error message, but it still doesn't open. Arghh so frustrating!
  • edited July 2012
    TuiKiwi wrote: »
    Yup did that - now no error message, but it still doesn't open. Arghh so frustrating!

I left my game just sit on the title page for about 30 minutes and it did dl a patch and is working properly now
  • edited July 2012
    go into settings and change gatekeeper settings to any app then game will open and it will appear to be froze let it just sit on the title page and wait I waited about 30 minutes and the game will dl a patch and all should be well
  • edited July 2012
    Could be a Mountain Lion compatibility problem?
    I haven't updated myself, because I don't really see a reason on a 2010 Macbook, but I did see the warning that a lot of applications would have to be updated before they could work under Mountain Lion.
  • edited August 2012
    how can I change this gatekeeper thing? Dont find it in my settings..

mountainlion
This discussion has been closed.