Another week goes by with no sign of support

edited August 2012 in Game Support
Ok, the last thing we heard was on the 12th of July. What has been done this week for the game to actually work as advertised.

Its now over 3 weeks since release of episode 2 and we are yet to see resolution.

If you are planning on waiting and combining the update to episode 3, please let us know so we don't have to come back every day to see if the game we have paid for is playable yet.

I thought the lack of communication prior to episode 2 was disgraceful, this is just downright rude, to your customers who purchased something in good faith on which you have failed to deliver.

Can we please get a little communication on how much longer we have to wait to be able to play this game.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Ok, the last thing we heard was on the 12th of July. What has been done this week for the game to actually work as advertised.

Its now over 3 weeks since release of episode 2 and we are yet to see resolution.

If you are planning on waiting and combining the update to episode 3, please let us know so we don't have to come back every day to see if the game we have paid for is playable yet.

I thought the lack of communication prior to episode 2 was disgraceful, this is just downright rude, to your customers who purchased something in good faith on which you have failed to deliver.

Can we please get a little communication on how much longer we have to wait to be able to play this game.

Thanks.

I don't even think their customer service team check this forum. You'll get a prompt reply with no actual information or answers if you post in Shopping forum.
  • edited July 2012
    from mike @ tell tale yesterday on another thread
    "Per my technical support FAQ thread here, this is happening to a very small percentage of Mac users. It's definitely not anywhere near the majority. Unfortunately, I don't have any further information to pass along since I updated that thread. Our QA and production departments are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible, but I haven't been given an ETA on when that will be.

Smuggling, please send me a PM with your ticket number so I can take a look at it for you."

...small percentage... a small percentage is one or two!!!!
    if its such a small amount of people and by the small amount of shit that telltale seem to give u would think that it would have been a small amount of time before we got a fix... seriously, telltale need to get their heads out of their asses and refund me or fix it.
  • edited July 2012
    Well I'll have a reply by the 26th because that is the last date Telltale has to submit a response to the Better Business Bureau ... its a shame it has to take this long
  • edited July 2012
    RyanJ wrote: »
    Well I'll have a reply by the 26th because that is the last date Telltale has to submit a response to the Better Business Bureau ... its a shame it has to take this long

Even that is unfortunately not certain, since a couple of other recent complaints to the BBB have already gone unanswered. :-/

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/telltale-games-in-san-rafael-ca-277990/complaints
  • edited July 2012
    The small percentage excuse is a joke. Most people don't use forums. On the poll I made about Telltale's piss poor customer service, 14 people voted in the day or so the poll was up before the admin locked the thread.

They keep refusing to publicly address the problem and their lack of any semblance of customer support because they don't want to scare away potential suckers from buying their faulty product.

The fact that Mike refuses to pass on the name of his supervisor / boss so that we may complain to someone more senior just shows a total lack of professionalism across the board.

There are a litany of dissatisfied customers and about 2 dozen vocal ones. No one has been granted a refund they deserve, which shows that telltale has no class or standards. If I purchased this game from EB, Bestbuy, JB Hi-Fi or any honorable reseller they would refund or exchange for credit the item.

The problem isn't difficult to fix. It can be solved by putting both episodes up as a combined download on the telltale server with instructions on how to copy saved games over. This is the simplest solution and could be sorted within a day. Here we are approaching 1 month with no solution, no information and no refund.

Telltale can suck it.
  • edited July 2012
    How can this "Mike" guy write crap like that? There are already enough of us who 1) paid for the product in advance, 2) can't get said product to work, and 3) write about the problems here. Then they lock the thread?

I have written on the forum, contacted Telltale and Better Business Bureau. Still no answer. And this "Mike" guy has the nerve to practically tell us to shut up about it because, according to him, we're a minority and don't deserve proper customer service.

MIKE! Are you usually satisfied if you buy something and get 1/5 of what you paid for? Is it okay to tell the customers with problems that "there are not too many with problems so shut up about it" and close the door?
  • edited July 2012
    That is not even remotely what I said, or implied. It IS a very small number of people that it's happening to, which made reproducing the issue internally difficult and time-consuming. It's not as simple as making a new download available that includes both episodes, from what I've been told.

Again, as I said in that thread and in the support FAQ, they're aware that there's an issue and are working on fixing it. I don't have a reason for the huge delay beyond what I said above. I know it sucks, and I'm not happy about it either.

With that said, they were able to reproduce the issue this week, and the fix that QA tested this afternoon appears to have been successful. We could potentially update the game as early as tomorrow. While that's likely to happen, it's not certain as of right now.
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks Mike, although it may not seem like it we do appreciate the work going in and also the updates, when we get them.

I think the problem has been the lack of communication as a whole. I think we would all like to see regular updates, even if the solution is not found. My two cents.

Thanks again, heres hoping that we do get a resolution soon.
  • edited July 2012
    Thank you for the update, however do you believe this fix would only be relevant to Mac users, as I run Windows 7 and have been having the same issue (along with a few others I've seen on the forums running Windows).
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for the update. The issue is a combination of the length of time before any fix (still waiting), and the fact that there was no communication from Telltale, giving the strong impression that you don't give a damn. You can't stop talking about your games when you're marketing them and trying to sell them - but you're happy to let months go by in silence when a number of your customers are affected by an issue that means they can't play the game they paid for.
  • I'm instantly pumped again
  • edited July 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    With that said, they were able to reproduce the issue this week, and the fix that QA tested this afternoon appears to have been successful. We could potentially update the game as early as tomorrow. While that's likely to happen, it's not certain as of right now.

Well, that's good news, but frankly, this is a post that should have been made three weeks ago.

How hard could it be to just drop by this forum back when the problem first appeared and say "We're aware the problem exists, it's really hard to reproduce, but we're working on it", and then keep people updated once or twice a week or so? Spending literally a couple of minutes a week could probably have saved you quite a number of unhappy customers. Active communication is the key to dealing with things like this.
  • edited July 2012
    This thread shows the problem well. The thread was born out of frustration and it took the whole thread and my provocative outburst to get Mike to answer something on behalf of the company. It is good that you give information, but it should happen BEFORE you let people grow more and more frustrated, that is just normal customer service. Especially for those who have already paid for the whole series.

With that said, I'd still prefer a refund. This game plus the terrible service is not worth 25$. I will continue bugging TTG, the forum and BBB until I get my refund or the episodes monthly, as advertised.
  • edited July 2012
    Maeglin wrote: »
    Thank you for the update, however do you believe this fix would only be relevant to Mac users, as I run Windows 7 and have been having the same issue (along with a few others I've seen on the forums running Windows).

I certainly hope so. I also run Windows 7. This issue is just so random and bizarre. After weeks of trying the download I've now gotten it to 87% before the error message, but it now drops down to 48% upon retry. Ugh...
  • edited July 2012
    This thread shows the problem well. The thread was born out of frustration and it took the whole thread and my provocative outburst to get Mike to answer something on behalf of the company. It is good that you give information, but it should happen BEFORE you let people grow more and more frustrated, that is just normal customer service. Especially for those who have already paid for the whole series.

The information is in the support FAQ and has been since I became aware of it. It's stickied on this forum. The second I had more information, it was posted here. It had nothing to do with anybody's "outburst."

I still don't have concrete information on the patch, but they are attempting to push it out this afternoon.
  • edited July 2012
    Which platform did the patch go out on please Mike? I gave up hope of playing WD:Ep2 on 360 because none of the fixes suggested worked for me. :(
  • edited July 2012
    Hopefully when episode 3 comes out there will be a fix towards the black screen when starting episode 2 on mac.
  • edited July 2012
    Lanfranc wrote: »
    Even that is unfortunately not certain, since a couple of other recent complaints to the BBB have already gone unanswered. :-/

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/telltale-games-in-san-rafael-ca-277990/complaints

Telltale currently has a BBB rating of a C. After 4 unanswered support tickets in the last month, I added my tale of woe to the others on the BBB site. In other posts I have been flamed for "whining" about my problem and told to just hold on by the Telltale cheerleaders. Maybe if Telltale's BBB rating hits an F it will light a fire under their bums. I am sorry it has come to this, but I have never been treated so insignificantly by a company I have done business with before.
  • edited July 2012
    Sly Reflex wrote: »
    Which platform did the patch go out on please Mike? I gave up hope of playing WD:Ep2 on 360 because none of the fixes suggested worked for me. :(

I'm unfortunately glad that someone else is having problems on Xbox. I have been reading threads for the past week and have not seen one Xbox user w a complaint besides me. What problems are you experiencing.
  • edited July 2012
    i was hoping for Episode 3 during July but no it comes mid-august. and i sent emails to them asking permission to record their game for youtube and they yet to reply back. i even made one that had the issue number i got as a thread to see if it catches their attention...Not one single reply to any of the two threads. their customer support really sucks and once all episodes of The Walking Dead are out im done with this company because it shouldnt take this long to make a 1-2 hours episode and then test if it has problems. if we the gaming community was part of the game companies i bet the games come out in a reasonable time and not have much problems as they do now in this gen.
  • edited August 2012
    Mondo316 wrote: »
    I'm unfortunately glad that someone else is having problems on Xbox. I have been reading threads for the past week and have not seen one Xbox user w a complaint besides me. What problems are you experiencing.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30587

Check for my post in this link. I tried a few days ago to get into playing Ep2 but it was seriously having none of it. I got it to work once but I've no idea how to go about it again. That's not really the point though, it should just work. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to use something I bought.
  • edited August 2012

Check for my post in this link. I tried a few days ago to get into playing Ep2 but it was seriously having none of it. I got it to work once but I've no idea how to go about it again. That's not really the point though, it should just work. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to use something I bought.

Exactly. The day i got it it worked just fine. Everything saved. Later that night couldn't get on when I was disconnected from live. And when I signed in a few days later the saved game was gone. I tried from different Xboxs but nothing worked
  • edited August 2012

Everything you explained in the above link is the same with what I'm experiencing except I can't even finish part 1. People have asked if I downloaded on a different console which I did but I had downloaded it on my GT and on my flash drive. My storage says I have a saved game and the full game but it only launches when I'm connected to live. And even then when I hit play there are no saved files
  • edited August 2012
    It most annoying. All my friends have really enjoyed it and have said what a good series it is. I'd love to say the same but I the amount of joy I got from playing Episode 1 has been offset with massive frustration. I understand that bugs happen but the feedback we are getting is very limited. They say they cannot replicate the problem which I'm sure must be frustrating for them also, 1 being that they made a game for people to buy and enjoy and 2 if people are not able to play part of the episodic game they will not drop money on further episodes. It is bad for everyone involved.

I'll give it a while longer until I get onto the phone to Microsoft for a refund. As it is the game as it was sold to me is not fit for use or consumption. If it was a retail game and it didn't work I'd be fully entitled to return it to the place of purchase for a refund. I know a few people have had various problems with games not working (not WD) and have managed to wrangle a refund for a XBLA game via the Microsoft support. It'll probably be hard but I refuse to pay for something not fit for purpose.
  • edited August 2012
    2 if people are not able to play part of the episodic game they will not drop money on further episodes. It is bad for everyone involved.

Especially those of us who prepaid for the entire series.
    It'll probably be hard but I refuse to pay for something not fit for purpose.

I agree with you completely Sly. Maybe we could all get together and file a class action? That might make them stand up and fix the game. Of course, it might not... their BBB Review just hit an F (for Fail?) based on non-responses to complaints.

I have seen customers post fixes (which is AWESOME of them btw), but none has worked for me yet. I keep hoping to see a post from Telltale (or a notice that it is coming) with a patch that will fix all of our problems.... sadly, none since episode 2 showed up and caused all the problems.
This discussion has been closed.