I want a refund.

edited August 2012 in Game Support
I'm so sick and tired of trying to troubleshoot The Walking Dead game.
Clearly it doesn't work, and it's a long ways off from working, otherwise tech support wouldn't be ignoring my emails for the past month.

First off my saves were corrupted, now the game simply crashes whenever I run it.

If your a mod on the forums, or an employee for Telltale, please let me know what I have to do to get my 25$ back.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    i'd actually like a refund as well, how do we go about processing it? is it through sony?
  • edited July 2012
    I'd like a refund too. Telltale are refusing to give them for ridiculous reasons.
  • edited July 2012
    I want a refund, too. Please write to Better Business Bureau about TTG's conduct. That way their rating will drop and maybe someone doesn't have to waste money on their bullshit.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm playing on the Xbox and having troubles too. No response to my e-mails from TTGs. If they can't fix any problems people are facing then everyone deserves a refund
  • edited July 2012
    my game was working perfect on my pc then i go back to play it a day later and i get that walking101.exe error stop working none of that run as admin update graphic card etc doesn't work it's something wrong with the game and they don't seem to be doing anything about it i would like at least a patch to fix things.
  • edited August 2012
    It's time we rally those who has paid, waited, and yet hasn't got their problems resolved regarding the walking dead game, to demand for our money back. Good game, no doubt, just but technically it's just not working out. Those who want their refund, pls sound out here. We gotta show TTG the numbers.
  • edited August 2012
    I've been waiting for a refund for weeks, no reply of any sort. I don't think they even entertain refunds.
  • edited August 2012
    I've now officially spent more time troubleshooting The Walking Dead than playing it. Sometimes I can get it to start, but when it does, it won't recognize any of my saved games. I've replayed the first 30 minutes three times.

I'm also a PS+ member, which means I get episode 1 and 2 free on PS3. I would gladly play it there and purchase the remaining episodes if I could get the money I spent on the busted PC version back. Hell I'd even buy them ALL on Xbox. I really want to play this game, but it's not working. I don't have the time to crawl through google and message board posts to find a solution that MIGHT work.

Really TellTale, you can have my money, from what I've played, it's a great game. Just let me have a version that works.
  • edited August 2012
    So I tried on a whim to see if the game would run on my three year old laptop. It does. Had to bump down the resolution of course, but it works, and my saves load up too. Don't know why my GAMING desktop PC can't play it. Oh well, keep my money TellTale, it's a great game.
  • edited August 2012
    yeahwrite wrote: »
    I've now officially spent more time troubleshooting The Walking Dead than playing it. Sometimes I can get it to start, but when it does, it won't recognize any of my saved games. I've replayed the first 30 minutes three times.

I'm also a PS+ member, which means I get episode 1 and 2 free on PS3. I would gladly play it there and purchase the remaining episodes if I could get the money I spent on the busted PC version back. Hell I'd even buy them ALL on Xbox. I really want to play this game, but it's not working. I don't have the time to crawl through google and message board posts to find a solution that MIGHT work.

Really TellTale, you can have my money, from what I've played, it's a great game. Just let me have a version that works.

Have you tried the iOS version? As far as I know, there are hardly any bugs for it and you can buy all 5 episodes for 20 dollars.
  • edited August 2012
    Zeruis wrote:
    Have you tried the iOS version? As far as I know, there are hardly any bugs for it and you can buy all 5 episodes for 20 dollars.

I know that you mean well, and I'm glad there is at least one platform that this game is not having issues with. Frankly, I'm not going to continue to throw money at a developer who is releasing a buggy product in hopes that platform x works...
  • edited August 2012
    TTG, if iOS platform is problem free, how about you open up the option of letting users transfer their credits from Mac, PS3, PC, whichever that's having issues, to iOS if we choose to? Surely it'll cost TTG some admin work, but it's your unstable programme to begin with, so I believe it's just fair for TTG to help users who paid to make things work.

And I believe many of us actually has the option of playing it on iOS devices, just that TTG release the iOS version later than other platforms so again, our option to choose is obstructed by your different dates of release.

For those who don't have the option of iOS, either you guys be kind enough to process a refund or provide a workable solution ASAP.

This is reasoning it out with TTG, let's hope things won't turn ugly, but personally I believe no good will come out if things go on like this.

I'm your paying customer, I hope to see a satisfactory respond ASAP. Thanks.
  • edited August 2012
    Man I want a refund too. Got the game today and spent a good chunk of the day reading on how to get the game to work (which it didn't) than playing it. Hope we all get a reply soon because was the biggest waste of $25 ever.
  • edited August 2012
    Telltale just gave me a solution to my black screen problem. Looks like they're stepping up their game. Thanks, TT.
  • edited August 2012
    Zeruis wrote: »
    Telltale just gave me a solution to my black screen problem. Looks like they're stepping up their game. Thanks, TT.

Thanks for not posting the solution for the benefit of the community. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2012
    i know you guys are frustrated, so am I. Not really with the tech team i know they are working hard on these issues..what im frustrated most is their customer service or lack thereof...I'm not asking for a refund what im asking for is a little courtesy at least for their customers, i mean come on TTG. We got a few replies that you guys are working on the bugs but thats it so far no solutions and episode 3 is around the corner(hopefully)...
    im gonna continue playing the rest of the series, broken and all, as i have bought the season pass. And i mean its not like we spent the regular $60 for this, its only $25 and i guess that says it all...we get what we pay for right?..
  • edited August 2012
    As we can see, TTG has yet to respond on refunding us, they simply did not see this thread? Or just irresponsible? Come on TTG, you wanna take our money on a product that you have yet completed, now that this product is failing us, it is just fair that you give us back our money. FAIRNESS. You guys at TTG still have the cheek to spend the money you earned from us when all you sold us was a defective product? A decent company would have refunded us long ago.
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks for not posting the solution for the benefit of the community. :rolleyes:

It's in the the hints and help sub forum of TWD. Do you really think that I would post solutions in a thread for people asking for a refund?
  • edited August 2012
    Zeruis wrote: »
    It's in the the hints and help sub forum of TWD. Do you really think that I would post solutions in a thread for people asking for a refund?

Did you ever stop to think that a refund would not be necessary if we could get our game working?

Congrats on being part of the problem, rather than the solution.
  • edited August 2012
    this is getting beyond a joke now still no patch what a waste of money.
  • edited August 2012
    the thing that I find extremely irritating is that after posting about an infuriating bug that I and others came across on the PS3 version of the game yesterday, the telltale team were apparently going to "investigate the bug in order to fix it" yet, as far as I know, they still haven't pushed an update/fix for the PS3 customers, and telltale are refusing to even acknowledge the bugs/glitches here, in the blog on the site or even on their Twitter account...yet they have proof of the bugs that have been uploaded by users to YouTube...and while they continue to NOT make an announcement about the bugs and about them working on it, they continue to post retweets by people praising the new episode. It's ridiculous.

I feel for you PC users encountering bugs/glitches that render the game unplayable as well :\
  • edited August 2012
    I dont want a refund i just wanna play the game. I love it but come on Tell Tale, at least keep us in the loop. It's unreasonable to believe that their gonna respond to every problem we're having but at least let us know if there is gonna be a fix or not. If theres not gonna be a patch at least let us know don't just keep us waiting for something that we don't know if its even gonna happen
  • edited August 2012
    my thinking here is that since most people have been able to solve the problem by either quitting and reloading their last save, or rewinding to their second-to-last save, telltale probably aren't viewing this as "major" bug that needs their attention, and a patch right away. Because when Episode 2 came out on PS3 and wouldn't even start, it just booted you back to the main PS3 screen, they sure got off their asses in a hurry and had an update pushed through within 2 hours of people complaining about it here.

They're probably sitting there saying "well, since there's a workaround that players have been successful using, we'll get a patch out when we can."

I know some will disagree with my thoughts on this, and that's fine. I just think it's shitty that they haven't even publicly acknowledged the bug(s), even though there's proof of them everywhere, and haven't even publicly stated that they are working on a fix for all platforms.
This discussion has been closed.