TWD: Lost my save

edited August 2012 in Game Support
1. Bought TWD during Steam sale.
2. Played for a few hours, not sure if I hit Ep 2, probably not, I'm guessing I would have noticed.
3. Tried to start the game again, got the exe has stopped working problem.
4. Tried some suggested permissions stuff, nothing worked.
5. Rebooted, game loads.
6. Saves are all gone.

So what's going on? I read something about copying out game saves, starting a new game and going far enough to get a save, then copying my old save back in numbered as the highest save, but is this is all going to happen again because I don't want to do that more than once.

You made an awesome game, I just need to be able to play it.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Thought I'd check in after a month. No replies. Awesome. And I see other people are having the same problem.

Well I can't really play the game if I'm not sure how long my save game will survive.
  • edited August 2012
    SLAMBURGER wrote: »
    Well I can't really play the game if I'm not sure how long my save game will survive.

My thought as well.

Really regretting paying $25 on the whole series at the start. I'm genuinely afraid of starting a new game because I don't believe my save games will work or even stay around.

I'd love to hear from Telltale to see if they have any updates on when/if this will be fixed.
  • edited August 2012
    Damn, still no response on this sort of stuff from Telltale?

Has anyone successfully started from scratch, like a fresh install, and had it keep their saves?
  • edited August 2012
    SLAMBURGER wrote: »
    Damn, still no response on this sort of stuff from Telltale?

Has anyone successfully started from scratch, like a fresh install, and had it keep their saves?

Been a bit since my last reply, but no. I've done fresh installs on both my Mac and PC and I still have the problem on both. I refuse to play Episode 2 until it lets me use my saves from Episode 1.
This discussion has been closed.