Patch for download issue on Mac is out now!

edited September 2012 in Game Support
If you start the Mac version of the game downloaded directly from our site now, it should update itself automatically prior to loading the main menu. It may take a few moments, but it's a fairly small update. Once that's done, you should be able to download Episode 2 correctly, but please let me know if you're still having an issue.

I know how frustrating this must have been, and I'm definitely sorry it took so long for the update to release.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Unfortunately, after getting all the way to 87.87% my game shut down. Back to the beginning I guess.
  • edited July 2012
    And unfortunately, unlike the PC version seems to, it was back to zero for the download.
  • edited July 2012
    I must say both times I haven't been alerted to this patch download, but I did notice the first time that the download percentage now includes 2 decimal places. I guess there was a small update.
  • edited July 2012
    Ok, I got it installed on the third try. First two tries I pressed download content from main screen, this didn't work for me. I then went into my old game (press play at menu) and pressed get from the intro screen to Episode 2. Installed, now off to play it.
  • edited July 2012
    Unfortunately, I can't say if episode 2 works yet, despite finishing episode 1 weeks ago I got the create random from the beginning of episode 2....back to drug store for me
  • edited July 2012
    Just finished episode one again and the game crashed, hopefully episode 2 will work now

Edit : The game works and it is awesome so far, pity I have to go to bed.
  • edited July 2012
    Patch isn't working for me. Download stuck at 99.50% and I can't seem to find a way to exit back to the main menu.

I'm sick of this and want a refund. I've sent an email regarding this 2 days ago and was given issue-61394. Please issue the refund ASAP, thanks.
  • edited July 2012
    I downloaded it again and tried to the game but it takes me to the title page where it says "click to continue.." and I click it and it says "connecting..." for one second and then the program freezes again .. just like the past couple weeks. I haven't even gotten to a part to even download episode 2 ... WTF ... Help!!
  • edited July 2012
    Glad to see some progress is being made in general, but as I am having the download problem on a PC, back to sulking in the corner.
  • edited July 2012
    Using Mac OSX 10.8, I managed to download it after about 5+ hours. Just completed Ep. 2. Thanks Mike but it really took a long time for you guys to get back to us after countless frustrating hours. Maybe small updates like saying you were working on it would help too.

Cheers :)
  • edited July 2012
    RyanJ wrote: »
    I downloaded it again and tried to the game but it takes me to the title page where it says "click to continue.." and I click it and it says "connecting..." for one second and then the program freezes again .. just like the past couple weeks. I haven't even gotten to a part to even download episode 2 ... WTF ... Help!!

I am having this issue also I am running MOUNTAIN LION now anyone else running Mountain Lion having this issue ?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2012
    RyanJ wrote: »
    AppleWorm wrote: »
    I am having this issue also I am running MOUNTAIN LION now anyone else running Mountain Lion having this issue ?

If you re-downloaded it (or if you started the game) after the patch was released, when you click on "click to continue", it might look like the game is frozen, but it's probably downloading the patch (it confused me for a while until I saw that my computer was busy downloading something).
    If you switch to non-full screen mode by pressing command-f, you can do other things on your computer while the patch downloads.
  • edited July 2012
    I would be thrilled if Mike or another member of the TT team could let us know if this is being worked on for PC users. If it is, I will gladly wait for an update. If it isn't, I will probably ask for a refund and get the game on Xbox 360 instead. Win-wins for all of us; TT will get my money and I'll get a great game either way. If it isn't addressed at all is what will upset me.
  • edited July 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    If you re-downloaded it (or if you started the game) after the patch was released, when you click on "click to continue", it might look like the game is frozen, but it's probably downloading the patch (it confused me for a while until I saw that my computer was busy downloading something).
    If you switch to non-full screen mode by pressing command-f, you can do other things on your computer while the patch downloads.

Macfly 77 thanks you are right I let the game stay on the title page for about 30 minutes or so and when I returned to it it was ready to be played!! thanks again for the heads up!!
  • edited July 2012
    xorandor wrote: »
    Patch isn't working for me. Download stuck at 99.50% and I can't seem to find a way to exit back to the main menu.

Strangely enough, I had this problem as well. After downloading for 34 hours straight it finally made it to 99.50% and then proceeded no further. After a further two hours of waiting and hoping I had to crash the program.

What gives, Telltale? At this rate, I'll have to either:
    a) wait until episode 3 is released and makes episode 2 playable
    b) assuming (safely) that episode three will be unplayable as well, waiting for the inevitable DVD release and hope you get your act together with that?
  • edited July 2012
    Just an FYI for everyone, i've not received any response from Telltale regarding my refund request and my download of episode 2 still doesn't work.
  • edited July 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »

Same here. Even though I was one of the lucky Mac users who was able to download Episode 2 a couple of weeks ago, an update is never bad.
    I quit the application a couple of times because I am really impatient, until I opened the Application Support files for Walking Dead and saw that it was downloading all kinds of files. It took a while, but everything works just fine now.
  • edited July 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    If you start the Mac version of the game downloaded directly from our site now, it should update itself automatically prior to loading the main menu. It may take a few moments, but it's a fairly small update. Once that's done, you should be able to download Episode 2 correctly, but please let me know if you're still having an issue.

I know how frustrating this must have been, and I'm definitely sorry it took so long for the update to release.

Great!! :D
  • edited July 2012
    34 hours downloading, Telltale. What for? NOTHING.
  • edited August 2012
    Bump.

Still can't download Episode 2 on PC. Download is at 100% but when I click download the error message about my internet connection comes up.

Seriously, can someone at least let me know if this is being worked on? It's been weeks since the episode release and I'd like to, you know, play it...
  • edited August 2012
    xorandor wrote: »

I'm sick of this and want a refund. I've sent an email regarding this 2 days ago and was given issue-61394. Please issue the refund ASAP, thanks.

My download has also been stuck at 99.50 for the past 9 hours. This is my third try downloading this, and I'm sick of it. I'd like a refund for $20 since 4/5 of this $25 game will apparently not be working.
  • edited August 2012
    Is there going to be a fix for mac users who have not "completed" episode 1? When I play episode 2, my game save still thinks I am still playing episode 1.
  • edited August 2012
    Hmmm... seems a few of us are having the '99.50%' issue now.
  • edited August 2012
    I have been trying for 2 days to download Episode 2 of Walking Dead....been reading all the posts about this problem and i am VERY disappointed. I have tried every trick suggested and nothing....If your product doesn't work on the MAC...dont offer it on the MAC. :mad::(

This game has been loading for probably 12 hours now. The longest it lasted was 3 hrs to only be loaded at 38%. Now it just crashes around 25%.....I NEED HELP OR A REFUND.
  • edited August 2012
    Still not working... It says "Connection lost" every time when I tried to download, even while my other downloads, e.g. from iTunes, are going on smoothly... ...

Folks at TTG, you gotta understand the damage to your customers' confidence in your products when such issues occur.

WE NEED AN EFFECTIVE SOLUTION NOW COS OUR MONEY IS ALREADY IN YOUR POCKETS !!!
  • edited September 2012
    Bump. Still having the 99.50 issue.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2012
    @daddad111
    This should help
This discussion has been closed.