Holy crap, they're making a ReBoot movie!

edited August 2007 in General Chat
No, wait, scratch that...THEY'RE MAKING THREE REBOOT MOVIES!

Here's hoping that a Beast Wars movie is next...

Comments

• edited July 2007
    I loved that show!! I still have some of the action figures. That blue robot dude (that hung around his twin that was red) the walking TV, the dog and the computer waiter from the resturant.
    Megabyte was awesome
  • edited July 2007
    WOW! That came out of nowhere! :D Probably won't do too well, though, I doubt many people even remember that show.
  • edited July 2007
    I can barely remember the show, but I used to love it when I was a kid.

I've still got a ReBoot eggcup floating around the kitchen.
  • edited July 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    WOW! That came out of nowhere! :D Probably won't do too well, though, I doubt many people even remember that show.

Clearly, they must. Notice the part where it mentions how the fans will be picking which draft of the script gets submitted for approval...
  • edited July 2007
    Clearly, they must. Notice the part where it mentions how the fans will be picking which draft of the script gets submitted for approval...

Unwritten rule of humanity: No matter how obscure a show might be, there's at least one group of people who still follow it like a religion.

I never said ReBoot has no fans, I loved it in it's heyday. But most saw it as gimmicky, and promptly forgot about it. I'm just saying that if it's a success, bully for them, I'll be in the theatre line waiting for my ticket. And if it flops, that sucks, I'll be in the empty theatre while people ask what a "ReBoot" is, and if it's low-carb.
  • edited July 2007
    What is ReBoot (Other then a Windows slogan)? :/
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    haha WOW it took me like 3 times of viewing this thread to realize what show you were talking about. That show rocked! click here for the season 1 intro
  • edited July 2007
    I also liked that show... but never got to see all the episodes. Their X-Files parody was great (also getting Gillian Anderson to voice her equivalent was a stroke of genius)
  • edited July 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    haha WOW it took me like 3 times of viewing this thread to realize what show you were talking about. That show rocked! click here for the season 1 intro

That brings back so many memories! I loved it when the games came down from the sky and trashed a part of the city.
    I also remember watching it in it's later days when the kid was grown up with that fish lady
  • edited July 2007
    Oh jesus, that show! I used to watch it on Fox when I was a kid!
  • edited July 2007
    Oh yeah, I remember watching that! I hope the movies will be any good. :)
  • edited July 2007
    I hate to break it to you, but that show was crap. And the movies will be too.
  • edited July 2007
    The trilogy was talked about for ages. Didn't know it was confirmed.

The endin of the series was lame imo
    If I remember, the end break out in a song and dance and that the kid Enzo Matrix was brought back as some glitch? despite his older self, Matrix, was there. So if the movie is made, there will be two Enzos. LOL
  • edited July 2007
    *GASP* NEW REBOOT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:
  • edited August 2007
    Reboot was brilliant! I can't wait for the movies. Here's hoping this will spawn a proper DVD boxset, with all the episodes.

I wonder if it will be a reboot (har, har) of the series or continue from the cliffhanger series finale? Sounds more like a reimagining of the original. In either case it'll be cool. TellTale? Wanna get on the ball with this one? :D
  • edited August 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    The endin of the series was lame imo
    If I remember, the end break out in a song and dance and that the kid Enzo Matrix was brought back as some glitch? despite his older self, Matrix, was there. So if the movie is made, there will be two Enzos. LOL

If you know enough about how backing up a computer hard drive works, you get the joke.

The reason why there are two Enzos is because one is an "older" file and the other is a new file. When The User restored MainFrame using the saved back-up, it had a copy of the younger Enzo, because that was "the older file."

I end up having to deal with dupped files nearly every time I end up having to restore my system to a point back in time before I messed it up. It doesn't hurt the system so much as it just takes up unessicary space.

As for the show, it didn't pick up for me until they introduced the idea of the internet and how they traveled it with help from a throw-away character that was a Software Pirate (in the literal sense of the word).
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    If you know enough about how backing up a computer hard drive works, you get the joke.

The reason why there are two Enzos is because one is an "older" file and the other is a new file. When The User restored MainFrame using the saved back-up, it had a copy of the younger Enzo, because that was "the older file."

I end up having to deal with dupped files nearly every time I end up having to restore my system to a point back in time before I messed it up. It doesn't hurt the system so much as it just takes up unessicary space.

As for the show, it didn't pick up for me until they introduced the idea of the internet and how they traveled it with help from a throw-away character that was a Software Pirate (in the literal sense of the word).

Younger and older Enzo now exist simultaneously, as Matrix's icon was still set to "Game Sprite" mode. Because of this mishap, he wasn't recognized by the system when it rebooted, so it created a replacement of his younger self.

I actually read about how the user restarted his computer, which restored everything, but made a a young Enzo because it couldn't recognized Matrix as he will still on Game sprite mode on wiki a few days after I made the previous post; I completely forgot about the User and that the reboot universe is inside a computer since it has been a while since I watched it, so I get it and that you don't have to explain to me how backing up a drive works, especially since I had to restore my computer to a previous working state the other day for not working.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.