Problem with The Walking Dead game running on Mountain Lion

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Anybody has issues with the game when you updated to Mountain Lion?
I updated today and the game have some problems to run.

I have a MacBook Pro Retina and i have problems to run and whith some graphics, for example the subtitles and some text on the game.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    pinote85 wrote: »

I have a MacBook Pro Retina and i have problems to run and whith some graphics, for example the subtitles and some text on the game.

Yes, I can no longer get past the opening Title screen. It stays on that screen with scrolling text along the top...
  • edited July 2012
    I have a MacBook 5,2 with 4GB RAM and a SSD, runs on Mountain Lion 10.8 and just bought The Walking Dead. I have overlay problems; text is not being displayed correctly (where the (opening) text must be shown, it's just garbled lines like a broken video card). Strange thing, all the other things are rendered correctly; the scene in the car looks great, except the text. Furthermore the game randomly crashes and sends crash reports to Apple. Strange thing though is that the game is longer playable, and the text overlay problem is not visible in windowed mode.
  • edited July 2012
    I have a MacBook 5,2 with 4GB RAM and a SSD, runs on Mountain Lion 10.8 and just bought The Walking Dead. I have overlay problems; text is not being displayed correctly (where the (opening) text must be shown, it's just garbled lines like a broken video card). Strange thing, all the other things are rendered correctly; the scene in the car looks great, except the text. Furthermore the game randomly crashes and sends crash reports to Apple. Strange thing though is that the game is longer playable, and the text overlay problem is not visible in windowed mode.

thats the same problem that i have... when i was playing it with lion i didint have any problem, its seems to be a problem with mountain lion. i hope that can be fixed quickly so we can enjoy the game without any bug...
  • edited July 2012
    thats the same problem that i have... when i was playing it with lion i didint have any problem, its seems to be a problem with mountain lion. i hope that can be fixed quickly so we can enjoy the game without any bug...

I agree. I also have problems with ML and VMWare Fusion 4.1.3, the 'second screen goes crazy' problem that everyone seems to get with Fusion and ML. There seems to be a problem with ML. Let's wait for a fix from Apple, hope they release it soon!
  • edited July 2012
    After opening the game, "click to continue" leads to a quick "connecting" followed by no action: a banner still runs on the top of the screen, but it doesn't progress to the game (I'm running Mountain Lion on a recent imac). Quitting leads to a force-quit situation. Sucks.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2012
    VicRandom wrote: »
    After opening the game, "click to continue" leads to a quick "connecting" followed by no action: a banner still runs on the top of the screen, but it doesn't progress to the game (I'm running Mountain Lion on a recent imac). Quitting leads to a force-quit situation. Sucks.
    Are you sure that nothing is happening? If you haven't opened the game since 7/25 (when a patch was released for the Mac version) or if you downloaded it after that date, the game will update for a while and might appear stuck.
    Here's what I posted in another thread.
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    If you re-downloaded it (or if you started the game) after the patch was released, when you click on "click to continue", it might look like the game is frozen, but it's probably downloading the patch (it confused me for a while until I saw that my computer was busy downloading something).
    If you switch to non-full screen mode by pressing command-f, you can do other things on your computer while the patch downloads.
  • edited August 2012

I have the same problem, text and subtitle are now all colour block, i have no idea what happen.
    i have macbook pro retina and run mountain lion.
    Please fix this so i can have fun with the game.
  • edited August 2012
    Yes... I just upgraded to mountain Lion and the game won't even open. Says file damaged and gotta be moved to trash. I re-downloaded the installer (Ver3) from TTG.com and yet it says the same thing after I re-installed. TTG. I need a refund. If not at least transfer my game to iPad since it's out on iTunes now.
  • edited August 2012
    I was also experiencing the "file damaged" problem, but I worked around that problem using the instructions in this thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31555

The game runs now (on MBP retina), but the text prompts on screen are completely illegible/scrambled. I hope that a fix is coming.

-Max
  • edited August 2012
    I have the same issue with fonts since the upgrade, I know apple updated the OpenGl drivers for this release so I'd expect that would be the root cause.

I still have very blocky shadows which are pretty annoying does anyone else have this? though I've had these before my mountain lion upgrade I was just hoping the driver update would fix them :( ah well.
  • edited September 2012
    Just wanted to chime in to say that I've recently purchased the Steam pack on my MacBook Pro (Retina display) and have the exact same issue in Mountain Lion. All text is garbled. Everything else seems to render accordingly.

Any official word on this?

UPDATE: After following the instructions in this thread I've been able to resolve the garbled text issues. Simply toggle fullscreen OFF and then switch it back ON and text will render correctly
  • Someone please help. I bought the game for mac, I have mountain lion. The game wont even start up. As soon as I click the app icon to open the game it crashes and i dont understand why?! Anyone else experiencing the same problem? I just payed money for something I can't even start up.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please post the crash report.

Also please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

brianvalta posted: »

Someone please help. I bought the game for mac, I have mountain lion. The game wont even start up. As soon as I click the app icon to open the

This discussion has been closed.