10.8 Can not read text

edited August 2012 in Game Support
The text in this game is all blocked out. I am running 10.8 on a MBPr and full res.

Please help!

UPDATE:

Looks like resizing the game from windowed to full screen fixes the issue of the text!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Just downloaded Walking Dead, getting the same problem - graphic text is fine but font-based text seems to just produce random colour noise blocks.

Changing resolution in game doesn't fix it.

Is this a Retina problem, a Mountain Lion problem, or is there a setting I can change either in the game or in the OS to fix this?
  • edited July 2012
    i had this issue on my 2010 MBP on both Lion and now Mountain Lion.
  • edited July 2012
    Me too!

This seems to be an issue specific to this _exact_ model of MacBook Pro.

I also have a mid-2010 MacBook Pro, 512mb NVidia GeForce GT 330M, 8GB ram.

I wish TellTale would respond. I messaged them on Twitter as well.
  • edited July 2012
    The characters shadows seem to be all messed up as well...
  • edited July 2012
    I think it is pretty safe to say that this game is not compatible with what we are using..
  • edited July 2012
    I've got a Macbook Pro from 2010, i7 processor, 4GB ram and Geforce GT 330m with 288 MB of vRAM but for me, the game works perfectly.
    I'm still running Lion, don't see a reason for an update without a retina display.
  • edited July 2012
    Looks like resizing the game from windowed to full screen fixes the issue of the text!
  • edited August 2012
    I know this thread is a month old but I wanted to add my experience with this same issue. I have a new MacBook Pro Retina with Mountain Lion and can't see text blocks. Everything else is fine. I tried all the resolutions and video choice combinations with no help. Then I read this thread about changing from full screen to windowed and that did clear it up. When I went back to full from windowed, the game crashed. I hate playing games in windowed mode but it looks like it's the only way to go for now.
This discussion has been closed.