WalkingDead101.exe error and all savegames gone

edited August 2012 in Game Support
Hi,

the error "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" occurs when I try to launch the game. I tried everything i found at the internet and the game launches now in window mode. I have to open the "WalkingDead101.exe" settings in my explorer for that (don´t have to change anything in the dialog).

But:
If i shut down the PC and start the game in the above described way after rebooting, all savegames are gone.

I wrote to the steam support and made what they said. It still doesn´t work.
I verified the Game Cache Files, startet the dxdiag.exe, the nvidia driver is at 8.17.13.142 and Windows 7 is up to date. I also re-instaled the game and made all the stuff again and tried to run the game without internet conection.

Any ideas what to do?

Greetings from Germany,
Stefan

Comments

• edited August 2012
    i have the exact same problem,
    first time i try to start walking dead it gives a walkingdead101.exe problem.
    then after clicking on it like a retard it starts up in a window and i have to change my video preferences in the game again to full window mode etc.

then i wanna go on after having played 1 hour but wait! no save games, this game doesn't save :S tried to clear cashe / reinstal etc didn't work

my laptop is windows 7 updated, ati radeon HD 4570 newest drivers.

plz help, i really like zombies and i really like the game so far.
  • edited August 2012
    i have the exact same problem,
    first time i try to start walking dead it gives a walkingdead101.exe problem.
    then after clicking on it like a retard it starts up in a window and i have to change my video preferences in the game again to full window mode etc.

then i wanna go on after having played 1 hour but wait! no save games, this game doesn't save :S tried to clear cashe / reinstal etc didn't work

my laptop is windows 7 updated, ati radeon HD 4570 newest drivers.

plz help, i really like zombies and i really like the game so far.
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure why nobody has responded to your inquiry here after over a week... I feel your pain, I'm experiencing the same issues. I've "lost" all of my saves, even though they are physically still in the same save directory.

I was able to remedy the issue of "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" by doing the following:

Locate The Walking Dead executable in the game install directory. I purchased via Steam as well. For example my directory was:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead\WalkingDead101.exe

Right-click on the exe and select the compatibility tab. Then select "Run as administrator" and choose "Windows XP SP3" as the compatibility mode.

I was able to run the game, unfortunately my save games were still not showing up. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. For a game that is story driven, it's kind of a buzzkill when your story is erased...

This response took 5 minutes of my time. Why a staff member could not respond to you in a more timely matter is beyond me...
  • edited August 2012
    Hi,

as a software developer myself i know that it´s nearly impossible two write bug-free complexe software. But your game doesn´t even start and it looses all savegames. It´s like you´d start Photoshop and it deletes your PSDs.

So can you at least write something about your bugfixing plans?

And if there are bugs in software i write, my customers can call me or write email and guess what – they will get an answer.

Poor work guys. Greetings,
    Stef
  • edited May 2015
    Same problem here. I can't even get my game to load.
This discussion has been closed.