favourite band

edited December 2007 in General Chat
there probably has already been a thread on this topic or a similar one but what the hey

personally my favourite band is a local one to me called InMe

but for one you may have heard of i'll go for anthrax

Comments

• edited July 2007
    My favourite band is U2... perhaps I'm not very original, but I just love their music.
  • edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    Well I love a whole bunch, but bands that I've been following closely recently include...

Architecture In Helsinki (going to see them on Sunday!)

Operator Please
  • edited July 2007
    Eh. I prefer orchestral music.
  • edited July 2007
    I don't know about band, but Andrew WK is currently my favourite person ever. I listen to Close Calls with Brick Walls every day at least once. And I guess the Polyphonic Spree as well, they're cool.
  • edited July 2007
    *points at sig* :P
  • edited July 2007
    My favourite bands are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and The Chemical Brothers.
  • edited July 2007
    mewithoutYou is amazing.
    http://purevolume.com/mewithoutyou

He Is Legend is great also.
    http://purevolume.com/heislegend
  • edited July 2007
    My definite favorites are Manic Street Preachers, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Smashing Pumpkins, although the new Smashing Pumpkins is plain awful. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2007
    Ali Farka Touré and Mali blues in general. And Gillian Welch.
  • edited August 2007
    Well... The Ramones, (the old) Misfits, System of a Down, Bad Religion, Turbonegro and The Hives.

And a current favorite is Kaiser Chief.
  • edited August 2007
    certainly metallica rules em all XD
  • edited August 2007
    Korn. I have been following them for years, absolutely love the stuff :D

System of a Down comes in a very close second, there is something about the utter lunacy of some of the songs that touches my inner being ;)

other artists i like are: Kyprios, NOFX, Pennywize, Wizo, DJ Grant Stetski, Sweatshop union, staind, and a ridiculously long list of others that are really all over the place genre-wise :p
  • edited August 2007
    I recently rediscovered Meat loaf.

--Erwin
  • edited August 2007
    Radiohead.. though I listen to a hell of a lot of various music ranging from traditional folk to classical to rock to opera through all the way to industrial and campy musicals. Whoot.
  • edited August 2007
    radiohead are awesome, i was lucky enough to see them live last year. it didn't get great reviews (critics) but it was still cool
  • edited August 2007
    Pantera
  • edited August 2007
    Patters> I want to smite you now -_-
    Still haven't had the chance to see em live.. makes me sad.
  • edited August 2007
    I like many bands but currently I mainly listen to Opeth and Dimmu Borgir. Very different bands but both great.

I like almost all albums from both bands.. my current favourites though are -

Blackwater Park by Opeth - I think this is their best record and it's totally awesome!
    BlackwaterPark.jpg

Still Life by Opeth
    still_life_big.jpg

My Arms, Your Hearse by Opeth
    my_arms_your_hearse_big.jpg

In Sorte Diaboli by Dimmu Borgir (their newest record and it kicks ass.. this is the crappy US cover art, the European one is cooler)
    sortediaboli.jpg

Spiritual Black Dimensions by Dimmu Borgir (unfortunately someone messed up when mastering this album as the sound quality is pretty bad.. but the music is still great)
    spiritual.jpg

Death Cult Armageddon by Dimmu Borgir
    deathcultarmageddon.jpg
  • edited August 2007
    I have recently rediscovered Jefferson Airplane and the Moody Blues.
  • edited November 2007
    Behold, the cover to the greatest album of all time and also my favourite band of all time: wootageoo0.jpg

I'm just gonna see how many people can guess it. Anybody who knows the band will instantly recognize it.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    It looks like a Pink Floyd album cover (but I can't remember which one).
  • edited November 2007
    Pink Floyd - Animals.
    I passed by Hammersmith Power Station every day for 5 years.

It was originally going to be a photo of that, but the pig's support cable broke free.

I challenge you to a Pink Floyd contest :D
  • edited November 2007
    Right now, Joan as police woman. Can't get enough of her :)
  • edited November 2007
    My 2 favorite bands are Sentenced and Children of boodom!:cool::D
  • edited November 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    Pink Floyd - Animals.
    It was originally going to be a photo of that, but the pig's support cable broke free.

I challenge you to a Pink Floyd contest :D

Yep. It's also a composite photo, when they finally got the pig back, the sky was clear and not the way they wanted it, so they had to use a composite of the dirty sky from the previous shoot when the pig wasn't there.

I also have heard that the pig passed by some planes, I bet that was probably funky to see.

While we are on the topic of Pink Floyd contests and the Pink Floyd Pig; Here's one for you: What did the band have to do to the pig's image so that they would not have to pay Roger Waters for using it's image after he left the band?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2007
    In that order: Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery, Opeth and Porcupine Tree
  • edited November 2007
    I like so many different genres.

I have a thing for musicals (not the american ones like "Grease" altough "Singing in the rain" is pretty good), classical music and brass band.

Also I'm fond of progressive rock/metal and jazz

I like bands/artists like: Extreme, Dream Theater, Chick Corea, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Bèla Fleck and the Flecktones, Andrew Lloyd Webber (composer), Guns n' Roses, Leonard Cohen, Liquid Tension Experiment and Mark Knopfler.

Among others.
  • edited November 2007
    Croutons wrote: »
    Yep. It's also a composite photo, when they finally got the pig back, the sky was clear and not the way they wanted it, so they had to use a composite of the dirty sky from the previous shoot when the pig wasn't there.

I also have heard that the pig passed by some planes, I bet that was probably funky to see.

While we are on the topic of Pink Floyd contests and the Pink Floyd Pig; Here's one for you: What did the band have to do to the pig's image so that they would not have to pay Roger Waters for using it's image after he left the band?

They added testicles.
  • edited November 2007
    DjNDB wrote: »
    In that order: Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery, Opeth and Porcupine Tree

DT owned wembley arena back in October best gig of my life
  • edited November 2007
    Crush 40 For The Win! there music is awsome, and they did most of the sonic the hedgehog music.
    (*Big fan)
  • edited December 2007
    Armakuni wrote: »
    I like many bands but currently I mainly listen to Opeth and Dimmu Borgir. [..] I like almost all albums from both bands.. my current favourites though are -

Blackwater Park by Opeth - I think this is their best record and it's totally awesome!
    Agree! If you're going to listen to one Opeth album, pick this one. But Opeth also has their fair share of pretty lame albums, such as the early albums, Damnation and their latest stuff which is less than impressive.
    Death Cult Armageddon by Dimmu Borgir
    Urgh. It's not bad, but all their 20th century albums are better. I haven't heard their latest album, but my idea is that Dimmu Borgir peaked with Spiritual Black Dimensions (although Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is still good).

For other favorites, I kindly direct you to my Last.fm profile
  • edited December 2007
    Snow Patrol (other than chasing cars), Linkin Park, Polyphonic Spree, Reel Big Fish, and anything classical to name a few.
  • edited December 2007
    CSI-gamer wrote: »
    My 2 favorite bands are Sentenced and Children of boodom!:cool::D

I live a few kilometers from Lake Bodom. :rolleyes:

Impossible to pick a favourite. AC/DC is probably my most long-lived favourite. Return to listen it every once in a while, something that doesn't happen with all bands. This year I've played Fatboy Slim and Massive Attack the most, though. Zero 7 and Sia are great, too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.