Walking Dead WONT connect to Server

edited August 2012 in Game Support
I am on a Mac... 10.6.8... and have played the game before. Now, I try to load... click "continue"... it briefly says "connecting" and then just sits there with the crawl going across the top of the screen and the sound effects going, but no "loading" or indication that anything is happening.

This is REALLY irritating... especially when all I wanted to do was play a game to unwind.

Am I the only one with this problem and how can it be fixed?

Thanks.:mad:

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I'm having the same issue. After clicking to continue I get a brief connection status bar, then the scrolling message freezes for about 4 seconds and then scrolls again normally. But no game play options, just the Walking Dead logo with the scrolling message. It's been like this for about a week now.
    I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again from my account on Telltale but I still have the same issue.
    I sent an email to support since there isn't much information about this issue on the forum. That was on August 2nd and I still haven't received any information from support about the issue. I've only received an automated reply.
  • edited August 2012
    After I looked through the forum, specifically the latest patch for the Mac download fix, I found this comment.

"If you re-downloaded it (or if you started the game) after the patch was released, when you click on "click to continue", it might look like the game is frozen, but it's probably downloading the patch (it confused me for a while until I saw that my computer was busy downloading something).
    If you switch to non-full screen mode by pressing command-f, you can do other things on your computer while the patch downloads."

So I launched the game > same situation occurred > I waited since I read the above comment. It took about 6 minutes and the game menu came up successfully. The game is working fine now, for me.
    :)
  • edited August 2012
    digimanny wrote: »
    After I looked through the forum, specifically the latest patch for the Mac download fix, I found this comment.

"If you re-downloaded it (or if you started the game) after the patch was released, when you click on "click to continue", it might look like the game is frozen, but it's probably downloading the patch (it confused me for a while until I saw that my computer was busy downloading something).
    If you switch to non-full screen mode by pressing command-f, you can do other things on your computer while the patch downloads."

So I launched the game > same situation occurred > I waited since I read the above comment. It took about 6 minutes and the game menu came up successfully. The game is working fine now, for me.
    :)

Yeah what he said. It's downloading an update and there isn't any notice of this. Just wait a while.
  • edited August 2012
    any idea how big this "patch" is...

i waited more then 10 minutes without any notice of download activities
  • edited August 2012
    It's around 500 MB if I can still remember correctly, so just wait a while. I quit the application four times, before I found my patience :)
This discussion has been closed.