Jurassic Park not working

edited August 2012 in Game Support
I just downloaded JP and cant get the game to work. It keeps telling me to run the application from the directory it was installed. I've uninstalled and re-installed. I've put it on the C drive and on the D drive and cant get it to work. Please help me get this game working or I would like a refund. From the looks of these forums this seems to be a common trend. Please respond to this either way.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Do you get the "could not load gamedata" error?
    If so, you should uninstall it and try reinstalling it following my instructions.
    For most people the unzipping is a culprit. The archive needs to be extracted entirely first. Then the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe needs to be run from the extracted folder.
  • edited August 2012
    Going off your instructions I was able to get the game to install and open. As you said it was not unzipping correctly. I had been using WinZip to unzip it and that apparently was the problem because as soon as I uninstalled WinZip and unzipped the JP file it installed and worked fine.

Thanks for your help.
    Gary
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2012
    That's great. Do you remember which WinZip Version you had?
  • edited August 2012
    It was on my computer for a few years. If I remember correctly I think it was 12.1 or 12.7, that's what it said as it was uninstalling from my computer.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. At least now i know that some old WinZip versions might have issues.
This discussion has been closed.