You should make this episodic idea!

edited August 2007 in General Chat
Hey, Telltale! I have another idea! :D

You should make episodic games on: Doctor Who. :)

Doctor Who, a british Sci-Fi show that relies on wits more than fists, would not only make a great adventure game, the episodic format is great for it, since every single episode of the old series was a multiple-episode storyline.

There was recently an announcement that a company was making a Doctor Who video game, but I'm almost positive it will fail. Will this give Telltale a chance?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    it may make a good game but any doctor who game will probably fail as the majority of fans are british and therefore there will not be enough purchaces to make the game very profitable or it may even make a loss. these days the costs of making a video game are fairly astronomical as you need many people to make it, unlike the snes era and before where one person could make a game due to simple graphics
  • edited August 2007
    Well, there are a ton of fans in Canada, Australia, and the rest of world, and growing. I'd say it's worth a try.
  • edited August 2007
    I don't like Doctor Who myself. I just didn't get it.
  • edited August 2007
    Dr. Who is popular globally and because of it, I am not sure how much money the BBC wants to license the game. l assume it is expensive. Telltale Games is a small company and they probably need a sponser or a publisher to help pay for the license.
  • edited August 2007
    I think Telltale should stick to comics
  • edited August 2007
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    it may make a good game but any doctor who game will probably fail as the majority of fans are british and therefore there will not be enough purchaces to make the game very profitable or it may even make a loss.

I've read that adventure games do better in Europe anyway. A Dr. Who adventure would probably be catering to the appropriate audience.

Besides, I bet there are more existing Doctor Who fans than there were existing Sam and Max fans, and that worked out pretty well. :)
  • edited August 2007
    in the uk they don't necessarily do very well as they aren't fifa or need for speed or another ea title

but doctor who fans do not often play video games only children usually play licenced games but many of them do not notice if a game is good or not just whether it is based on the latest film or tv series. and the budget required to fund just the production of a decent doctor who episodic series would be ridiculous.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.