TWD (Steam for Mac) Game breaking freeze/crash

edited December 2012 in Game Support
In episode one, the game freezes and crashes without fail during a certain cutscene, sometimes locking up my entire system and requiring a hard shutdown. It is in the cutscene that transitions Lee and Carly to the motel. This makes completing episode one impossible.

Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software: OS X 10.8.1 (All updates applied)

The game has run relatively fine until this point and no combination of graphical settings has helped with the issue. I am most disappointed because some Google-fu reveals that this has been an ongoing problem with the Mac version of the game all the way back to April and seems to still go unaddressed.

I'm feeling pretty stupid for not investigating the issue before purchasing.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    After attempting to play episode two on its own, I've also had my game saves erased and now I am unable to "rewind" in episode one.

After being very satisfied with Telltale's games in the past, I am shocked that these major issues have not been taken care of in what is obviously one of their most popular games released.
  • edited August 2012
    Downloaded episode 3 and it contained no fixes/patches for previous episodes. Still unplayable.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm having this same issue after buying it today 12/23/2012. We you able to get it resolved?
  • edited December 2012
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't play any further because of this.....pretty frustrating stuff.
    Please post something of a reaction so we'll know it's being handled.
This discussion has been closed.