Xbox Version of Ep 3 Doesn't Recognize Past Saves

So I've seen the threads about this for PC, but not for the Xbox. I completed Episodes 1 and 2 of the Walking Dead previously, and just downloaded Episode 3. Whenever I launch the game and go to play episode three, it states something to the effect: "Do you want to randomize choices for episodes not completed?"

It is as if it does not recognize that I have completed the past games, and when I press b here, it goes to a page that displays no previously saved games. I contacted Xbox support and they suggested I re-download my profile, but I don't think that's the issue.

Also, I have downloaded the 2mb update and I do get the status "Checking Episode status" when I launch the game. Any suggestions? Zombie Jenkins was really lookin forward to playin this game while work is cancelled for the hurricane.:(

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Same problem here. Telltale needs to fix this again. Had similar problem when ep 2 came out. Some attempts don't even let me choose a storage device.
  • edited August 2012
    OK, so I got it to work for me. Here are the exact steps I took:

1. Signed out of XBL.
    2. Recovered my profile.
    3. When to storage options. Found saved file.
    4. Copied it to cloud storage.
    5. Also disconnected alternate storage device.*external hard drive
    6. Launched game.
    7. Choose hard drive as storage device.
    8. My saved file WAS THERE so I selected it, and it loaded.

Hope this works for the rest of ya. Zombie Jenkins got some zombie hunting to do. :D
  • edited August 2012
    Just followed your instructions and alas did not work for me. Have fun with the game you lucky man
  • edited August 2012
    ya mine had the same thing :(
  • edited August 2012
    Sorry to hear that didn't work for ya. I left the game and came back to it later. It didn't offer me the choice to select a storage device. I signed out without exiting the game, and signed back in. It then gave me the option to choose storage. I hope they release a patch to fix this ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.