What I want to see in Season 2

2»

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I personally have no objection to larger file sizes, but I know it may be a problem for some people.
  • edited September 2007
    i would like slightly larger sizes but not too big i.e. not over 150mb
  • edited September 2007
    I think Telltale should fill the download with loads of huge, pointless files, just to annoy everyone. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    I think Telltale should fill the download with loads of huge, pointless files, just to annoy everyone. ;)

Like a high-res live-action video of the intern in the Sam mascot costume, doing a funny dance for 10 minutes?
  • edited September 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Like a high-res live-action video of the intern in the Sam mascot costume, doing a funny dance for 10 minutes?

Or to be ultra annoying, the same 5 second dance looped for 10 minutes.
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007

The Sam (with Max) costume dancing to Rick Astley.
  • edited September 2007
    I would like a 640*480 resolution mode. I only have Windows on my cheapy laptop (And I doubt S&M would run under WINE) so my GPU is a... bit on the wimpy side. While working on my OpenGL based 2D platformer engine, I learned that GPU fillrate is a bigger problem for my laptop then T&L (BTW, how much overdraw is in the left wall of the office? No matter what the camera angle, close in or far out, having the left wall on screen means ~15 FPS). Being able to run at a lower resolution to decrease fillrate requirements would be welcome. Please don't increase the requirements any further.

Edit: Holy crap. I just checked winehq, and it says that the CD version of S&M runs through WINE perfectly, aside from save screenshots and the installation progress bar not working.
  • edited September 2007
    TapamN wrote: »
    (BTW, how much overdraw is in the left wall of the office? No matter what the camera angle, close in or far out, having the left wall on screen means ~15 FPS)

Yeah, that dart board really takes its toll on the system... :D

The only problem with big file sizes is for players like me who have a slow(ish) connection...and I like to buy the whole series at once (XD, so much for episodic gameplay eh?)...took me about 4-5 hours to download 4 episodes of Season 1...mainly because I also have to share the connection over 2 comps so I have to keep the speed low on this one...otherwise my parents start yelling at me when they want to use ebay...lol
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, that dart board really takes its toll on the system... :D
    Well, the hallway walls further behind the dartboard and office wall are what my problem is. I think the sky sphere wraps around to be behind there, too.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Also, I think FMVs would really bump up the file size, and they'd have to be saved in several different resolutions to look right on bigger screens.

Correct! File size and keeping a unified aesthetic were the two reasons why we don't do pre-rendered stuff. (Also pre-rendered stuff takes a lot longer to fix if you want to change something, and we're not on the most luxurious schedule ever!)

For the record, even compressed with h.264 compression, at a presentable bitrate, the trailer is 145 megs, which is bigger than a whole episode from season one!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.