Walking Dead Episode 3 Error

edited September 2012 in Game Support
I'm not surprised... but yet again I am unable to download the new episode of The Walking Dead.

I get to the connecting screen and it connects and then it stays on the Walking Dead logo with the telltale news ticker running. I now can't even access my previous games / first 2 episodes.

I'm running MAC OSX 10.6.8...

Ok so how many months is it going to take to solve this issue?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I'm having the exact same problem on 10.7.4

I can access everything with the internet turned off but otherwise it just sits there as if I never clicked to connect.

Tried reinstall without success.
  • edited August 2012
    It took them almost 6 weeks to fix a similar problem last time... Seriously, I've never seen a company totally infuriate it's customers the way Telltale does.
  • edited August 2012
    I got in after about 20 minutes of waiting and then the download crashed at 58%.....now I'm back on the front screen waiting again.....they love to fluff us around!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Could this have something to do with the location we're downloading from?
    For example, does the download work better in the USA?
    I'm just trying to figure out why this download crashes all the time and it wouldn't be the first time Europeans are treated as secondhand citizens.
  • edited August 2012
    Just crashed again at 63%....here we go again
  • edited August 2012
    I've had 3 download crashes tonight, the last being a hang at 99.50%......this really does suck
  • edited August 2012
    The whole Walking Dead app crashed at 91%. Hurrah!
  • edited August 2012
    Another try and another hang at 99.50%.....why is it so hard!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    If I try to download from the main menu the whole app crashes during (53%-65%) but if I go through the game, select my previous saves, then it stops at 99.50%......to get so close and to stop is just mean.
  • edited August 2012
    Same here! Just seeing the logo!
  • edited August 2012
    Same deal here- I just found that by disabling the internet connection will allow you to get into the game. Once in, click on the downloads menu, then go back to the desktop (cmd-F for mac users) and re-enable the internet. You should now be able to successfully download ep.3
  • edited August 2012
    jsm2090 wrote: »
    Same deal here- I just found that by disabling the internet connection will allow you to get into the game. Once in, click on the downloads menu, then go back to the desktop (cmd-F for mac users) and re-enable the internet. You should now be able to successfully download ep.3

I tried this with no avail. I also tried turning off the internet and then plugging in an ethernet cord once the game was loaded. Both times I just got coming soon for episode 3.
  • edited August 2012
    Hmm just tried it a second time and it worked. Thanks for your help
  • edited September 2012
    I got in after about 20 minutes of waiting and then the download crashed at 58%.....now I'm back on the front screen waiting again.....they love to fluff us around!!!!

I have come across a similar problem to this. I started downloading Episode 3 yesterday and got to 66%, at which point I lost the connection and was annoyed enough to think to myself "Screw it, I will finish it off tomorrow!"

But upon waking up and loading up The Walking Dead this morning... Episode 3 has gone back to being listed as "Coming Soon"... thus I am not able to restart the download and finish it... come on guys, wth?

I hope when season 2 comes around you just have each episode as download links from the Telltale Games website, with each episode just installing itself into the original client like an expansion pack, instead of having to download each episode via the in game option only as this system REALLY has issues by the looks.
This discussion has been closed.